Posted on: June 24, 2022
* $1,500 Sign On-Bonus - External hires only*
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a
difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we
do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and
to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where
patient focus is number one, apply now!
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility
located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital
of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division
of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum
of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs
of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida &
Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Unit Secretary acts as the primary clerical resource for the
unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
* Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations
of the unit.
* Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
* Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
* Assembles patient charts.
* Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when
staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding
* Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring
information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other
hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other
* Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer
* Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
* Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
Required Qualifications include:
* Minimum of a High school degree or equivalent required.
* Previous clerical experience.
* Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting
* Strong customer service skills required.
* Familiarity with medical terminology.
* Computer literacy is preferred.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching and some lifting.
Keywords: HCA, Sarasota , Unit Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!