Communications/Public Relations Coordinator
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Job Title: Communications/Public Relations Coordinator
Position Type: Part-Time/Internship
Location: Sarasota, FL
Overview of Sarasota USL
Sarasota USL is a semi-professional soccer team competing in USL
League 2 beginning in 2023. Sarasota USL strives to provide a club
for all those who love the game, our city, our culture, our
environment, and our people. Our goal is to establish a
professional development pathway for talented players, and bridge
the game in Sarasota and the highest levels of soccer worldwide.
Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our
hiring process: we are inspirational, disciplined, accountable,
transparent, growing, and results oriented. We are looking for
motivated, hard-working individuals who want to actively contribute
to the success of the club.
The Communications/Public Relations Coordinator will serve as the
primary point of contact for all external relations. This position
is responsible for building and maintaining relationships both
locally and nationally. With a main goal of marketing Sarasota USL
to the public in a manner that is consistent with our brand and
that supports our mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a supporting spokesperson, drafting statements, and
responding to media inquiries for general business and targeted
sport publications, including, press releases, feature articles,
technical presentations, etc.
- Create and maintain relationships with local media to show up
at events and games.
- Manage brand reputation and risk in the media through
appropriate media reactions, policies, protocols, and
communications guidelines. Including crisis management
support/leading public response with Executive team.
- Serve as the point of contact for city government officials,
local clubs, and leagues.
- Establish and maintain meaningful connectedness to the
community, keeping a pulse on local trends, news, and events of
- Monitor local, national, or international stories regarding the
organization and decisively influence the organization's media
presence and portrayal.
- Partner directly with the social media department to coordinate
messaging and corporate public relations incentives.
- Assist in the coordination of events such as press conferences,
match days, community events, media days, etc.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Interested in/currently pursuing a career in communications
and/or public relations.
- A passion for sport and knowledge of the game of soccer.
- Previous communications experience in sport preferred but not
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and effectively present
information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Comfortable handling confidential material and information that
could have a substantial impact on the organization if made public,
intentionally, or not.
- Self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and
- Team player who is willing to work weekends or nights when
- Ability to problem solve and think on the fly in a fast-paced
- Strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any
other protected class. We are a non-excluding organization.
- Do you have prior experience in communications/public
- Do you have prior experience with a sports team, league, or
agency? If so, with which organization?
- This position is an in-person role in Sarasota, FL. If selected
for this position, when could you begin working?
- This is an unpaid internship/part-time position, are you
willing to work solely for experience?
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work
legally in the United States?
Keywords: AEG, Sarasota , Communications/Public Relations Coordinator, Advertising , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!