Instructional Faculty and Clinical Education Coordinator - Physical Th
Company: State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Instructional Faculty and Clinical Education Coordinator - Physical Therapy
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position: Instructional Faculty and Clinical Education Coordinator - Physical Therapy. An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
In addition to the SCF Instructional Faculty duties, the position of Clinical Education Coordinator is responsible for administrative and academic duties that support the PTA program. This is a 9-month appointment with responsibility for clinical education, curriculum development, classroom and online teaching. Clinical Education duties include planning, coordinating, facilitating, administering, and monitoring the clinical education program experienced by students enrolled in the physical therapist assistant program. This position will serve as a liaison between the PTA program and the clinical education sites in order to communicate with and establish clinical education standards. The position will assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities and educational technologies available. This position reports directly to the Director of the PTA Program.
Position Title Instructional Faculty and Clinical Education Coordinator - Physical Therapy
Teaches all courses as assigned. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change. Maintains a professional appearance at all times. Maintains attendance and punctuality. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promote student growth and learning. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, State, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned. Attends Departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and Departmental program goals. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the Department. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of Departmental responsibilities. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrate professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques). Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the College-wide community to advance the mission of the College. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority. Additional duties and responsibilities are:
- Maintains and/or develops adequate clinical sites for clinical education component of curriculum and assures clinical affiliation agreements are current.
- Provides appropriate feedback and developmental activities to clinical sites.
- Able to initiate, administer, assess, and document clinical education program.
- Determines grading criteria for clinical education experience.
- Determines, with appropriate input from CI's, the student's final grade in each clinical education experience.
- Assigns students to appropriate clinical education experiences and monitor students' progress.
- Able to travel to clinical sites, as needed
- Teaches assigned physical therapist assistant classes according to approved course syllabi.
- Develops appropriate curricular content for courses taught.
- Designs and implements appropriate instructional activities for didactic and laboratory courses taught.
- Assists with activities to maintain program accreditation.
- Submits required reports and schedules in a timely manner to the Director.
- Serves as the main Advisor to the PTA Club
- Participates in program administrative activities, such as advisory committee meetings, budget preparation, faculty meeting, etc.
- Able to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers.
- Perform other duties as requested. Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited PT or PTA program
- Earned Bachelor's degree or Higher
- Clear and active Florida PT/PTA license or eligible for licensure in Florida
- Minimum of three years of full time (or equivalent), post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy
- Minimum of two years of clinical practice as a CCCE and/or CI OR two years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a PT or PTA program
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal and practice issues affecting clinical education, students, and the profession of physical therapy
- Able to initiate, administer, assess and document clinical education programs
- Able to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
- Able to travel as needed Preferred Qualifications
- Earned Master's degree or higher
- Experience teaching in an accredited PT or PTA program that include clinical coordinator experience or equivalent coursework
- Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles
- APTA Member
- Earned Status as an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that this position is dependent on budget approval.
This individual must be able to teach during the day or evening, and will be able to demonstrate sustained quality and continuous improvement in teaching, industry experience, and community involvement.
Experience working with various instructional, social media, business, and web technologies is highly desirable.
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your applications. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Physical Therapy Assistant
Work Schedule 9 Month
Total Hours Per Week 35
Requested Start Date August 16, 2019
Job Type Faculty
Benefits Eligible No
Hiring Range $45,854.00 - $48,795.50
Job Open Date 11/26/2018
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, , PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
To apply, visit:
Keywords: State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, Sarasota , Instructional Faculty and Clinical Education Coordinator - Physical Th, Education / Teaching , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!