Preschool Teachers and Teacher Aid
Company: Little Scholars Preschool and Child Care Center
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Job DescriptionPreschool Teachers and Teacher Aid Looking for a Great Job! If You Love Teaching, Want a Great Work Environment, are Hard Working, and Have a Good Work Ethic and want Great Benefits...this is the job for you!
Lead Teacher: 4 Year Old class, full time, year round employment, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation, bonuses based on merit. Need to have strong classroom management skills.Teachers Aid / Assistant: 2 Year Old class, full time, year round employment, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation, bonuses based on merit.
Co -Teacher / Teacher Assistant: Infant class, full time, year round employment, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation, bonuses based on merit.
Job Purpose:Develops and nurtures children by planning and implementing educational programs; providing day-care; keeping children safe.
Duties:* Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of students by developing and directing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class; supervising day care.
* Provides safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; eliminating or removing known safety hazards; following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal recommendations.
* Encourages students' participation by providing interactive activities.
* Informs staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and submitting lesson plans; posting schedules and curriculum outlines.
* Keeps parents informed by posting parent information in the classroom; maintaining and sharing records of child's progress and behavior.
* Encourages development of student self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
* Ensures consistency of service by maintaining open communications with parents and staff. 8.maintains equipment and supplies following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs; inventorying supplies; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Improves educational quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances preschool center reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications:Safety Management, Classroom Management, Motivating Others, Persuasion, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Self-Motivated, Self-Confidence, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Emotional Control, Excellent Work Ethic.We are an equal-opportunity employer looking for enthusiastic individuals who love children and enjoy interacting and imparting knowledge to eager young minds.
- We offer a delightful environment with a low teacher-child ratio and flexible work hours.
- Full and Part-Time positions are available.
- Competitive Compensation well above the industry average for exceptional teachers.
- Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, and/or CDA Credential for Lead Teachers a plus.
- Team Player.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- We are closed two weeks per year (Christmas to New Years, and 1 week in June).
- Closed for specific holidays
- Lunch will be provided on Fridays.
- CPR for infant/child and First Aide is required for each staff member (may be completed within 90 days of hire).
- 40-hours of coursework required by the State of Florida is required to be completed within 90 days of hire if not already completed. (Fees vary depending on the class).
- FDLE background check is also required ($72 fee).
- Out of State background checks are required if you have been out of the State of Florida within the last 5 years. This is at employees expense.
- Paid Vacation: 1 week after a full years employment, 2 weeks after a full 2 years of employment.
- Paid Holidays: 13 holiday days are paid each year to employees in good standing.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: 50% paid by the employer and 50% paid by the employee.
- Leadership and Team Building Events: Great fun while building leadership skills and enjoying time with your co-teachers.
- Great Work Environment and great co-workers! We are always looking for great new team members to join our already great team! Come and check us out at www.LittleScholarsPreschoolFL.com.Serious Applicants Need Apply Only!Please call for interview at 941-927-2324.
Keywords: Little Scholars Preschool and Child Care Center, Sarasota , Preschool Teachers and Teacher Aid, Education / Teaching , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!