SUE Technician I
Company: McKim & Creed
Posted on: September 14, 2023
At McKim & Creed,we are an employee-owned firm with more than
800 employees in offices throughout the U.S. including NC, SC, FL,
VA, GA, TX, LA and PA with a culture centered around "People
Helping People" grounded by our core values (1) respect for people,
(2) customer satisfaction, (3) continuous improvement, (4) safety
and (5) ownership, which drives our mission to deliver exceptional
engineering and geomatics solutions. We are a leading top 150
ENR-ranked firm seeking highly motivated SUE Technician inspired to
elevated and grow your career to the next level.
WHAT WE OFFER: Join a company that puts its employees first. Ranked
as one of the Best Firms to Work For, here are just some of the
reasons to become part of the McKim & Creed team:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP): All employees are owners
& benefit from profits earned.
- Competitive pay + paid holidays, bereavement, and parental,
medical, and military leave
- Multiple office locations to work from: Stick close to home or
travel for a change of scenery.
- Growth opportunities & training: Grow confidently in your
career with our mentoring & training options.
- Professional development: Tuition reimbursement, early career
professional program, online courses & more
- Work that makes a difference: See the direct impact your work
has on our communities.
- Collaborative, supportive team: People to help you solve
problems, cheer successes & encourage you along the way.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. If you want to
work at a company that will help improve the future of the
communities where we live work and play, we're glad you found McKim
Join Our Team of Geospatial Experts Video
YOUR DAY-DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop and utilize your learned skills by safe operation of
SUE field equipment: ground penetrating radar, electromagnetic
designating equipment, sewer camera, probe rod, jackhammer, chop
saw, pneumatic tampers, vacuum excavation equipment, and other
- Exercising extreme caution near or around any utility facility
and follow all job site safety parameters.
- Assist with maintenance of vehicles, equipment, and work
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- High School/GED or equivalent preferred, specialized training
from a vo-tech school or Rod person/Instrument person experience a
- Walking outdoors for long periods of time through all kinds of
terrain, including urban, suburban, and rural locations, and
working under adverse conditions (heat, cold, hills, swamps,
wildlife & insects, high traffic areas).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, carry, and operate equipment as
needed on the project.
- Ability to travel daily.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Work 50+ hours during busy periods.
- Can work unsupervised when required.
- Experience is welcomed, willing to train.
- Current Commercial Driver's License is a plus.
- Background & motor vehicle checks, and pre-employment drug
screening are conditions of employment.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Motivated to learn and develop your career path.
- Aligned to McKim & Creed's Core Values.
- Sound functional/technical skills in the role.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains
a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: McKim & Creed, Sarasota , SUE Technician I, Engineering , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!