Tax Manager, International
Company: Kerkering Barberio
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is seeking a Tax Manager to join our
fast-paced, growing International Team specifically in the area of
U.S. Resident International Tax reporting. The ideal candidate will
be a practicing CPA with 7-10 years of current public accounting
experience preparing and/or reviewing complex Forms 1040, 5471,
3520, 8992, 1116, and 8621. This position will involve a high level
of varied client contact, and work closely with the Team
Shareholders in managing the International Tax Group.
If you are inquisitive, enjoy figuring out complex scenarios,
comfortable navigating sometimes ambiguous tax laws, and have
traditional U.S. tax experience (individual and business), with
senior management level knowledge of U.S. Resident International
Tax reporting, we are eager to speak to you!
Kerkering, Barberio has been a leading expert in International Tax
in the gulf coast region for over 35 years. Our Partners and
Managers frequently write articles () and speak and on a variety of
international tax topics We work with both U.S. tax resident and
internationally based clients, their financial advisors and
attorneys providing consulting, planning and compliance services.
We have a strong practice in offshore compliance reporting.
International Tax is an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing segment
of Kerkering Barberio with opportunities for upward mobility. We
offer relocation assistance and a full suite of health insurance
benefits including 401(k) with company match, paid time off,
reimbursement for CPA exam, work/life balance programs and
Position Title: Tax ManagerReports to: Team ShareholderSupervises:
Staff, In-Charge, Senior and Supervisor AccountantsRequired
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related
field.Required Experience: Public Accounting - 7 years
(International focus strongly preferred)License/Certification:CPA
Responsibilities: Managers are responsible for participating in and
directing multiple tax planning, consulting and compliance projects
and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing,
and coordinating engagement workflow. Must have technical knowledge
of U.S. Tax law and related Internal Revenue Code sections and
regulations and be able to execute practical application of the
knowledge. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills,
investigative expertise, analytical ability, priority management,
and proactive communication.
- Works closely with the Team Shareholder in managing the
Inbound/Outbound International Tax Group.
- Researches and interprets Inbound International Tax laws and
regulations for planning and compliance.
- Advises on consequences of transactions including foreign
entity formation, operation, and dissolution.
- Maximizes benefits from U.S. Income Tax Treaties.
- Identifies issues and opportunities while managing offshore
- Facilitates and manages preparation and review of engagements
with complex foreign issues.
- Oversees and reviews preparation of Forms 5471, 8992, 8865,
8832, 965, 8621 and 1116/1118 and other related required disclosure
- Participates in business development of the Kerkering, Barberio
Outbound International Tax Group.
- Develops into a recognized and sought after thought leader in
the region and industry. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possesses a broad technical knowledge of US Inbound
International Tax law and regulations for individuals and
- Experienced with foreign entity planning and reporting
including Foreign Trusts and Businesses.
- Possesses solid comprehension of foreign tax issues such as tax
credit calculations and limitations, mutual fund reporting, and the
new TCJA rules for international tax.
- Enjoys finding clues, uncovering unknown information, digging
into complex data to find needed information.
- Keeps the Team Shareholder informed on the issues,
opportunities, and status of engagements.
- Experienced with IRS offshore compliance procedures and
- Ability to use tax knowledge and best practice while
functioning in a sometimes-ambiguous tax scenario.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and
application of professional and Firm standards.
- Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting.
Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements
and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national
origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, parental status, military service, or other
Keywords: Kerkering Barberio, Sarasota , Tax Manager, International, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!