Technology Continuous Improvement Director
Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Technology Continuous Improvement Director Tuesday, February 23,
2021 At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working
and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers
engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the
fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation
of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize
and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest
competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a
consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and
The--Director, Technology Continuous Improvement--will be
responsible for guiding, leading, shaping, developing and
implementing continuous improvement programs for the Technology
Department at Jackson Hewitt.
This position will ideally be located in JH's Sarasota, FL
corporate office. Due to covid, JH's corporate offices are working
remotely. Once teams return to the office, this position will be
located within the office; however, we are open to a hybrid
schedule (3 days in the office, 2 days remote) or fully
What you'll do here:--
- Lead activities/projects supporting the strategic and
operational alignment, cooperation, and communication/change
management across the department.
- Align with the companies Continuous Learning efforts to adopt
best practices and align on performance outcomes.
- Work with agile/ SCRUM software development teams to create the
proper goals, metrics and initiatives for individual team
- Key contributor to the development of behaviors and practices
that foster a culture of accountability and excellence in
- Key contributor to development and execution of continuous
improvement initiatives, strategic scorecards and dashboards, best
practices in business processes, operational excellence principles
and systems development and deployment.
- Drive a performance management culture by developing and
deploying tools and techniques that mobilize and develop
individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team collaboration to
achieve positive results for the organization.
- Establish strategy, direction and application of continuous
improvement through Systems and Tools, Teaching (Training
Curriculums and Mentorship), and Deployment.
- Champion the strategic direction and transformation of
Continuous Improvement by simplifying, standardizing, and
integrating improvement programs.
- Establish and maintain best practices in areas of business
processes, KPIs, and analytics.
- Lead and facilitates all aspects of change and continuous
- Drive the evaluation of strategy and execute strategy changes
and improvements by conducting research and analysis of emerging
business trends and consulting senior leadership team to align
business plans with organizational growth and development.
- Lead Stakeholder engagement and coordination of best practices.
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Certified Scrum Master or relevant experience
- 10+ years experience in an Agile / SCRUM software development
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering or computer
science related discipline preferred. MBA or advanced degree
- Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, or Agile Certification
- Direct success and experience leading and supporting
operational excellence transformations.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Passion for excellence and change management
- Must be skilled in strategic thinking, managing through
systems, innovation management, and negotiation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence,
effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate
and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities,
and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing
- Hands on, detail orientated What you will get if you join us:--
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- 401k + Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a
stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization We
appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson
Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or
employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age
(40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local
laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of
applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all
applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of
unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Sarasota , Technology Continuous Improvement Director, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!