Purchasing Manager - Sarasota
Company: Neal Communities
Posted on: May 11, 2022
We are honored to be voted 2019, 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
in Sarasota-Manatee by our employees! Where you work matters! We
are a family company, we love what we do, and it shows!Ready to
relocate to sunny Florida? We can help! Relocation assistance is
available.We look forward to meeting you!WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT
WORKING AT NEAL COMMUNITIES:
- The People! We take tremendous pride in making a positive
difference in our team's lives. Our employees are not just an asset
to Neal Communities and its customers; they are essential to the
success of our business
- Outstanding Benefits - Health Care - Medical, Dental, Vision,
and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid ID Theft Protection
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Service Awards
- Vendor Discount ProgramWHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Administer accurate quantity take-offs and estimates.
- Monitor competitive bidding, contract negotiation, and value
engineering. Re-bid trades if cost increases occur.
- Establish and maintain a trade contractor/supplier performance
evaluation system and award program.
- Analyze cost codes by phase for cost-saving measures and
- Communicate any substantial hard-cost changes to the Director
- Research and approve invoices and variance purchase orders to
meet Accounting department deadlines.
- Stay current on building codes, construction techniques, and
trends affecting the home building industry.
- Maintain prices and quantities in Newstar as required.
- Create and maintain Bid Sheets/Unit Pricing.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
skills.WHAT YOU BRING:
- Previous purchasing experience in the homebuilding industry,
single and multifamily construction is required.
- Good computer skills and understanding of blueprints.
- Analytical and highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Newstar and Build Pro experience is a plus.All employees will
support the organization's mission and vision by exhibiting the
following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration and
innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability,
and ownership.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free
Keywords: Neal Communities, Sarasota , Purchasing Manager - Sarasota, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!