Assistant Store Manager
Company: Florida Paints
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Manages company-owned store engaged in selling paint, sundries,
equipment and related lines of merchandise by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate team
members.Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and prepares work schedules and assigns team members to
specific duties. Delegates specific jobs to be done, keeping in
mind his responsibility as lead salesman of the store.
- Supervises team members engaged in work inside the store.
Oversees the taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales
receipts, keeping accurate records of colors and pricing and dot
cards for each color made. Performs all duties of subordinates
- Ensures that the pricing policies of Florida Paints on
merchandise are achieved to meet the requirements for
profitability. Store managers are responsible for the gross profit
of their store.
- Plans, in conjunction with Sales Representatives and other
Florida Paints corporate personnel all painter-related activities
such as pro shows, breakfasts or luncheons.
- Prepares and orders all stock as needed. Store manager
determines and approves the need for all special orders, special
products and special colors for large jobs.
- Ensures compliance of team members with established security,
sales, record keeping procedures and practices, and the company
- Ensures that the assigned Florida Paints location is kept clean
and orderly. A professional, welcoming environment is
- Answers customer's complaints or inquiries.
- Takes a proactive role in increasing the sales and traffic flow
of the store.
- Responsible for achieving the sales goals for his/her store.
Shall be creative and aggressive in establishing ways to increase
store sales and profitability.
- Locks and secures store and equipment.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks and stocking of paint
- Restocks shelves of paint and sundry supplies.
- Maintains mileage log and maintenance log on all vehicles. All
logs are to be properly filled out daily and all receipts
maintained in an orderly fashion.
- Ensures that vehicles are maintained with a clean appearance on
the inside and outside.
- Ensures that oil in vehicles is changed at least every 5,000
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Operations.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesDirectly supervises team members in retail store.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include training team members; planning, assigning, and directing
work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining
corporate appearance standards.CompetenciesTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing People
- Computer Skills
- Quality Management
- Organizational Support
- Safety and SecurityEducation & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- 2 - 4 years' experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
and drug testPhysical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time with
frequent bendingOther DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.Florida Paints provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics.PI176951507
Keywords: Florida Paints, Sarasota , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!