Medical Case Manager
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
CAN Community Health one of the nation's largest providers of HIV
Services has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Case Manager for
our Sarasota, FL location. We are looking for someone who is
passionate about serving the needs of individuals impacted by HIV
and other infectious diseases. You will become part of our
professional team that drives home our Company's Mission and
Values. We offer good quality of life with an excellent schedule,
competitive pay with a bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a
retirement plan with a generous company matching contribution. We
have received recognition in 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT's Best
Non-Profit to Work for Award.All new hires must provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination status. CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All
potential hires will be required to take and clear a pre-employment
drug screen upon job offer. You can find out more about us by
visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply
Today!Salary Range: $42,000 or higher based on education and
experience. Statement of Purpose: Provides outpatient HIV medical
case management services and patient advocacy through education,
counseling, advocacy, benefits assessment and enrollment, and
coordination of services. Ensures patient access to essential
medications, medical care and support services.Primary Tasks:
Medical Case Manager
- Screen all clients for program eligibility, completes biannual
reassessments for eligibility enrollment.
- Verifies insurance coverage and coordinates the necessary
- Develops, coordinates and implements individual plans of care
- Provide referrals, linkage and coordination of services to
community partners in accordance with local, state and federal
- Responsible for Ryan White, HOPWA and ADAP Premium Plus case
management and all other case management assignments.
- Provides access to case management services in a variety of
confidential locations including the clinic and patients'
- Ensures the integrity of case management records through the
audit review process.
- Accurately document all client encounters within software
- Submit timely and accurate monthly billing documentation and
maintains client case management files.
- Processing needed paperwork for Patient Assistance
- Complies with all program requirements as well as up to date
with all changes of the programs.
- Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient
- Processes documentation required by state and local funding
sources as required.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional standards and applicable laws.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and
values, and follows its policies and procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained by case management team
regarding patient/client information in accordance with HIPAA,
professional and departmental standards.Secondary Tasks: Medical
- Cross trains for effective team participation.
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community
and support resources.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control
- Continues professional training and education to advance
knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of services
rendered to CAN clients.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect in all interpersonal
relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
- Performs all other duties assigned.Reports To: Director of Case
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical Case Manager
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with patients,
visitors and staff members.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, a self-starter,
work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety
- Demonstrates appropriate organizational skills.
- Willingness to utilize computer software programs
- Accurately coordinate several tasks at one time.
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to travel to conferences, training sessions,
meetings, etc.Education/Professional: Medical Case Manager
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school or equivalent
experience in social services.
- HIV prevention and intervention experience.Physical Demands:
Medical Case Manager
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise
move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of
the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Work Environment: Medical Case
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and
various software programs, telephones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Medical Case ManagerThis position may require overtime during peak
periods.Other Duties: Medical Case ManagerPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are
required of an employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.CAN is an
equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic
protected by applicable law. PI180154587
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Sarasota , Medical Case Manager, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!