Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant. LSF is
looking for a talented Case Manager who wants to make an impact in
the lives of others . We're offering SIGN-ON BONUSES! Case managers
$1000 ( Paid in two increments at 3 and 6 months of employment)
PURPOSE & IMPACT The Case Manager assists in the coordination of
direct services for up to 40 wards of the Agency to include:
placement, monitoring of facilitating the provision of medical,
social, psychiatric and financial needs of the ward. A DAY IN THE
LIFE OF A CASE MANAGER
- Visit clients a minimum of one time monthly and monitor the
- Prepare the initial and annual plans for the court.
- Maintain client files and case notes.
- Assess the clients for needs, coordinate, facilitate and
monitor services to meet client needs.
- Assess client needs and arrange for appropriate placement of
our clients, monitor same.
- Review and monitor client needs, attend care plans, provide
consents for medical treatment etc.
- Assist in marshalling assets and apply for benefits on behalf
of clients as applicable.
- Document all client activity.
- Correspondence relating to the wards affairs and personal
- Advocacy on behalf of all clients.
- Conduct case conferences with Program Director, Client Assets
staff and other caseworkers as needed.
- Interact with the volunteers of the program.
- Coordinate with other professionals involved in the continuum
of care for all wards.
- Assume 24 hour emergency call for after hours, to be shared
with the Program Director and other caseworkers.
- May be required to assist the Program Director with community
outreach, education and marketing duties.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director QUALIFICATIONS
- Hours may be irregular as one may be on call 24 hours.
- Spend a significant time out in the field monitoring the needs
to assigned cases.
- Subject to unsanitary homes, physical exertion, and possible
physical or verbal abuse from clients.
- Need to lift some heavy items at times.
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Case Manager is
entrusted and required to communicate confidential and/or sensitive
information outside the Agency. Work is performed on a highly
independent basis and it is necessary to make client decisions and
to continue to develop new methods and approaches in dealing with
- Required to drive frequently using own vehicle.
- Must have Florida Drivers' License, reliable vehicle and
current auto insurance. Education: BA or BS in Social Services,
Accounting, or LPN, RN required. Experience:
- Experience in guardianship preferred.
- Background in the social services, medical nursing, legal,
insurance or financial field required.
- Knowledge of community resources and services is helpful.
- Self-starter, whom can work independently and is unafraid to
- Must be able to seek out supervision and help when needed.
- Interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving, written and
verbal communication, and time management skills are required along
with the ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Computer knowledge preferred. Other:
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Adherence to Florida Law including but not limited to statute
- Under Florida Statute 744.3135, I understand that I am required
to successfully submit to a credit check every two years to
continue employment with the agency. Principal Accountabilities:
- Maintain an accurate account of activities in the client logs
and case notes for each ward.
- Must work well independently, as well as get along well with
all other staff and outside contacts.
- Accurate, complete and timely submission of all required court
reports required under FS 744.
- Professionalism in all LSF matters. Why work for LSF? LSF
offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide range
of populations in need.?Mission Driven staff members become part of
the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in need.
Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they explore
areas of interest within the?organization.? Amazing benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement Lutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity?employer.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Sarasota , Case Manager, Executive , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!