Phlebotomist IV-Group Lead req74885
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Rep PS IV (Phleb) -Group Lead - -Sarasota, FL - Monday-Friday
6:30am-3:30pM -(Rotational Saturday)Go the extra mile. - Patients
and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and
services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are
often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require
sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about
providing clarity and hope. In Patient Services you will work for
the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can
act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can
care about the work we do and the people we serve. At Quest,
Patient Service roles are tremendously important - it is a
patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there
is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are
critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is
varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the
scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a
fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can
help us make a real difference.Job Summary The Patient Service
Representative IV - Group Lead (PSR IV - Group Lead) represents the
face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both
as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining
health decisions. - The PSR IV must have a deep understanding and
knowledge of established practices and procedures and creates an
atmosphere of trust and confidence to our patients, customers,
clients and internal leadership. The PSR IV must ensure that daily
work of the Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term Care/In-Office
Phlebotomy is completed accurately and on time. - The PSR IV is
also responsible in providing the Supervisor or Functional Patient
Services Manager with Patient, Client, Field, Compliance, Training,
Metrics and Administrative support as needed in the Patient Service
Region. The PSR IV must function as a backup to the Patient
Services Supervisor and carry out duties and responsibilities in
his/her absence. - The PSR IV demonstrates Quest Leadership
Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and
sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information.
This role is held accountable for Patient Service Center (PSC)
and/or In-Office Phlebotomy (IOP) activity in the territory,
including opening and closing both PSCs and IOP locations. -
Successful applicants may be assigned to work and direct daily
activity in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house
call environment, long term care or as business needs dictate. -
Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor, and
resource advisor for new employees and provide effective onboarding
services to new clients. - They will also act as a point of contact
to staff in the region and provide regular input to the Supervisor
or Functional Patient Service Manager. In addition, the PSR IV must
portray leadership capabilities and a higher level of customer
facing skills including; verbal and written communications, problem
solving, and collaboration with multiple functions, such as: Sales,
Laboratory Testing Services, IT connectivity, Billing, and
Logistics due to their specialty and or complex test orders. The
PSR IV must be capable of handling multiple priorities in a high
volume setting.Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. - This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
- Administer oral solutions according to established
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements
accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of
test order from requisition or pulling order from database;
managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
- Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual,
Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee
Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff
members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up-to-date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standard
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work
group or PSCs.
- Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer,
and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
- Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs and the
distribution of technical information and communication to the work
group in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, take
appropriate action to advise Supervisor of required repairs and
- Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the
- Provide effective onboarding services to new clients.
- Partner with Supervisor to assist the transition process
setting up new offices for both PSCs and IOPs.
- Must be able to step in for a PSR III and lead one or more PSR
on site. - -
- Support Patient Inquiries from the website, Office of Chairman
and Managed Care, as needed.
- Support the Problem Resolution Line and could be called to the
field regarding a patient recollection, as needed.
- Provide input on the performance evaluations of the PSRs. Job
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures
including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations
and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
- Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to
communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and
patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout
Quest; and knowledge of our business.Physical Requirements -
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. - The normal
performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. -
Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and
carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds
are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range
of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. - Objects
exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position requires travel. - - - - -
- Extensive use of phone and PC. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness. -
- Talking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Walking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - -
- Balancing. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Bending/kneeling. - - - - - - - - - - -
- Reaching/twisting. - - - -[All requirements are subject to
possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. - All duties and requirements are essential job
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California,
Nevada, and Washington. Work Experience
- Minimum seven years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive
of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
- 5 to 7 years in a PSC/IOP environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Sarasota , Phlebotomist IV-Group Lead req74885, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!