LPN Medical Surgical
Company: Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE:
Full-timeDo you have a passion for healthcare and helping others?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-start your career and submit your application today!At HCA
Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a
difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we
do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and
to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where
patient focus is number one, apply now!We offer an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits will
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts,
life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment (available for select roles and facilities),
an employee discount program and more. Choose from a variety of
benefits to create a customizable plan that will best suit your
needs.Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare
provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at
locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most
ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.POSITION
SUMMARY:Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN,
utilizing the nursing process within the scope of their
- Administers and reports the effects of medications, treatments
and procedures performed on the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective
use of resources and personnel.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Observes, reports and documents the patient's physiological and
psychological status, informing a Registered Nurse of any
incongruence's in the above.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. -
Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Qualifications - -
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing school
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in
the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Acute Care Experience (Preferred) - SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills Founded in 1967, HCA - -Doctors Hospital
of Sarasota -is a 155-bed facility located on a wooded campus,
minutes west of I-75. - We have earned our reputation by caring for
people as individuals, not just treating their medical problems. -
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status Notice Our Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, Sarasota , LPN Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!