Clinical Nurse Manager - Clinical
Company: Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Clinical Nurse ManagerPURPOSE OF THE JOB
In conjunction with the ASHI, the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) is
responsible for overseeing the professional nursing staff and
certified nursing assistants in the delivery of Home Care Clinical
* Under the guidance of the ASHI, the CNM will supervise and manage
all personnel who provide direct patient care.
* The CNM will assist the ASHI to ensure the professional standards
of community nursing practice are maintained by all nurses
* In conjunction with the ASHI, adhere to Agency procedure and
patient care policy.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, establish service policies and
procedures regarding safety, universal precautions, and infection
* The CNM will assist the ASHI with the adoption of policies for,
and keep records of, criteria for admission to service, case
assignments, and case management.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, be responsible for the clinical
record for each patient receiving nursing care.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, ensure that progress reports are
made to physician for patients receiving nursing services.
* Make supervisory visits to patient's home every 60 days for those
clients with skilled nursing services and every 30 days for
unskilled care. The CNM will notify the ASHI of any necessary
changes based on the site visits and incorporate them into the Plan
* Assign patient care to staff nurses and CNAs.
* Complete admission assessments for home health within 48 hours
after services commence. The ASHI will review and sign off on this
* Write Plan of Care for each patient. The ASHI will review and
sign off on each Plan of Care.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, conduct competency checks for LPN's
* Assist with yearly flu clinic project.
* Assists the ongoing quality assurance program.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, ensure that case assignment and
management is appropriate, adequate, and consistent with plan of
care, medical regimen, and patient needs.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, ensure that nursing and other
services provided to the patient are coordinated, appropriate,
adequate, and consistent with plans of care.
* In conjunction with the ASHI, ensure that all service outcomes
are completely and legibly documented, dated, and signed in the
clinical service record.
* Ensure that confidentiality of patients is maintained.
* Oversees schedule for nursing care.
* Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and mandatory
in-services as approved or required.
* Maintain work area, equipment, and supplies in a clean, sanitary,
and organized manner. Ensure that work areas are neat and
confidential materials are properly stored before leaving area on
breaks, end of workday, etc.
* Work safely, complying at all times with Plymouth Harbor safety
* Perform other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as
may be directed.
* This position supervises licensed nurses and certified nursing
* Graduate of a state approved school of nursing.
* Minimum three years' supervisory experience as a licensed
practical nurse in Home Health.
* Must have good organizational skills.
* Must be a detail-oriented person and able to perform duties with
great accuracy on a daily basis.
* Must have excellent personal skills, demonstrating the ability to
conduct oneself in a non-controversial style; a style that inspires
the respect of others and promotes a sense of trust in the
* Must have good communication skills, speaking, writing, and
* Must be fluent in English.
* Must have excellent computer skills.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs with emphasis
on Excel, Outlook, and Word, with the ability to learn and use
proprietary software as required.
Keywords: Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay, Sarasota , Clinical Nurse Manager - Clinical, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!