Radiology Technician PRN
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Radiographer-PRN
Performs fluoroscopic procedures for the treatment of patients of
all age groups, utilizing the guidelines of the professional
radiology practice standards. Responsible for all duties related to
imaging patient care, file room, general clerical, physician
assistance, and other related duties necessary for complete patient
outcomes in the outpatient surgery department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Physician/Chief of the Medical Facility
- Under direction, incumbents may instruct and prepare patients
for radiologic examinations;
- Determine the most suitable anatomical posture and positions
and shield patients appropriately;
- Prepare patients for radiologic examinations by explaining the
procedure, removing articles such as jewelry, through which x-rays
- Positioning patients so that the correct parts of the body can
- Place the x-ray film under the part of the patient's body to be
examined and make the exposure. Then remove the film and develop
- Position and operate stationary or portable radiologic machines
and take x-rays images of all parts of the human body for the
physician to use in the diagnosis of disease or injury.
- Produce x-ray films (radiographs), develop, make copies and fix
x-ray films of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing
- Prepare solutions for processing films;
- Assist in fluoroscopic work; under supervision, make clinical
photographs of unusual cases and identify photographs;
- Maintain equipment and quarters;
- Monitors patients during the procedure.
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices,
such as lead shields, or limit the size of the x-ray beam to
prevent unnecessary radiation exposure.
- Using instruments similar to a measuring tape, measure the
thickness of the section to be radiographed and set controls on the
machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail
- Keep records and files;
- Make reports as needed and other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of modern radiologic equipment and techniques; regional
and gross anatomy of the human body; standardized radiologic
clinical procedures; thorough knowledge of the hazards of
radiologic materials and the safety precautions required; the
operation and care of modern radiologic equipment; and the ordering
and storing of supplies.
Ability to communicate effectively at a level required for
successful job performance; administer emergency aid for shock;
prepare solution used in processing x-ray film and process film;
keep simple records, file film correctly, and compile reports;
follow directions; analyze situations accurately and take effective
action; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
EDUCATION: (include any licenses or certifications required)
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Possession of a current valid certificate as a certified
Radiologic Technologist in diagnostic radiologic technology issued
by the Florida State Department of Health Services.
- Two years of experience, including training in radiologic
techniques and methods, under an accredited medical radiologist.
(Successful completion of the work required for a graduate nurse
may be substituted for one year of this required experience and
- Successful completion of a two-year training program in
radiologic technology approved by the Council on Medical Education
and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, in collaboration
with the American College of Radiology.
- Knowledge of email systems such a Microsoft Outlook sufficient
to communicate with both internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel sufficient to create simple
documents such as memos and reports, enter data, copy or cut and
paste data and print results.
- Knowledge of WebMD and Intergy system sufficient to perform
review and data entry preferred.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and lift or turn
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to four hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer
Normal busy office environment with much telephone work. For the
majority of our positions this would be a climate controlled office
environment during normal business hours. Occasional evening and/or
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Sarasota , Radiology Technician PRN, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!