LPN Medical Surgical
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping
others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered
environment? Jump-start your career and submit your application
today! At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to
make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all
that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our
patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a
team where patient focus is number one, apply now! We offer an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits will include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexible spending
accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition
reimbursement, student loan repayment (available for select roles
and facilities), an employee discount program and more. Choose from
a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan that will best
suit your needs. Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading
healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a
year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most
ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.POSITION
SUMMARY:Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN,
utilizing the nursing process within the scope of their
- Administers and reports the effects of medications, treatments
and procedures performed on the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective
use of resources and personnel.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Observes, reports and documents the patient's physiological and
psychological status, informing a Registered Nurse of any
incongruence's in the above.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Qualifications -
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing school
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in
the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Acute Care Experience (Preferred) SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills Founded in 1967, HCA Doctors Hospital of
Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located on a wooded campus, minutes
west of I-75. We have earned our reputation by caring for people as
individuals, not just treating their medical problems. We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Sarasota , LPN Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!