Physician Assistant - General Neurology & Stroke Units - Sarasota, Florida
Company: First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Neurology-Stroke opening in Sarasota, Florida. This and other
physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is
looking to hire an experienced Certified Physician Assistant or
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner to cover the General Neurology
and Stroke Units in Sarasota and Venice, Florida.
Sarasota County has been identified as one of the best places in
the country to live, work and raise a family due to a healthy
business scene and thriving recreational and cultural
opportunities. Located on Florida's Southwest Gulf Coast, Sarasota
is famous worldwide for white-sand beaches, great restaurants,
outdoor recreation, land and water sports, museums, theater and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with neurology/stroke patients is
- INPATIENT ONLY with approximately 10-12 patients assigned per
- Advanced Practice Provider will work 15-18 shifts per month
depending upon seasonal fluctuations. Shifts are 10 hours.
- No nights
- No call after hours
- Advanced Practice Provider will work collaboratively with 3
Advanced Practice Providers and 10 neurologists
- On staff at two hospitals – SMH Sarasota and Venice.
- Employed position with a stable practice that has a 28-year
history in the community
- Current Florida Physician Assistant licensure and NCCPA
Certification or Florida Nurse Practitioner license required with
recent Neurology/Stroke experience preferred.
- BLS required. ACLS certification preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent clinical skills and sound
Highlights of the opportunity:
- Competitive salary
- No contract or non-compete clause, candidates sign offer
- Full array of benefits offered including health, dental,
vision, long term disability, PTO, 403B Retirement Plan, and much
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, APPs
are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- We are a not-for-profit organization.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey, Director, Physician & APP
Recruitment, at or for more information about this opportunity.
First Physicians Group is Florida's Gulf Coast leader in primary
and specialty care with an impressive 28-year history in the
community. With 360 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in
32 different specialties and 54 practice locations, it is backed by
the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its
overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just
33 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It
has been named among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals, 40 Top
Teaching Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular hospitals for 2022 by
Fortune/Merative. Has earned straight "A" Grades for Patient Safety
from Leapfrog since 2016. One of just 41 organizations worldwide to
earn Gallup's Exceptional Workplace Award for 2022. Additionally,
it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2022-2023. The main
hospital is the largest in the region with 901 beds, a Level II
Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, a 60-bed Rehab Pavilion
and much more.
Keywords: First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health, Sarasota , Physician Assistant - General Neurology & Stroke Units - Sarasota, Florida, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!