Registered Nurse - RN - PCU - FT Days
Company: Nurse Career Board
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse?
Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurses here in the
PCU department at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. We have a dynamic
team of Registered Nurses on staff and we are currently looking to
add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of
Registered Nurses take pride in nursing. Become a part of our team
of Registered Nurses today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility
located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital
of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division
of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum
of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs
of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida &
Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nations
leading provider of healthcare services. In addition to being named
among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors
Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top
Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most
improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has
also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great
Orthopedic Programs by Beckers Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (Electronic
Health Record) for our patient assessment and care documentation.
We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration
record for the delivery of all medications provided to our
patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when
administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented
our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called
Advanced Clinicals. Our Progressive Care Unit (PCU) is a 40-bed
unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve.
- Skill Mix: RN, LPN, Unit Secretary/Monitor Techs, Certified
Nursing Assistants, Student Nurses
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting
Equipment, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Crash Cart, Telemetry
- PCU hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including:
Medical Telemetry, Post-Surgical, Progressive Care/Step-down from
ICU, Pre/Post Cardiac Cath Lab (Diagnostic and PCI cases), Neuro,
- Multiple cardiac drips are managed within the PCU including
(but not limited to: Dopamine, Nitroglycerin, Cardizem, and
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS & ACLS certifications
required through the American Heart Association; National Institute
of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Past telemetry training
course preferred with ability to demonstrate proficiency in rhythm
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0, 1); Full Time is considered 36
hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available,
but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their
- Designated Charge Nurse who does not typically take an
assignment on the day shift
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides,
Z-slidesAt HCA North, West, Central Floridas and Georgias 33
hospitals were not just caregivers, were devoted to caring. Located
on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, were
on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our
patients. As an integral part of the nations largest healthcare
system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team,
we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and
encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology,
enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider
through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
- Current cardiac experience desired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Nurse Career Board, Sarasota , Registered Nurse - RN - PCU - FT Days, Healthcare , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!