Veterans Preferred - System Technologist
Company: Motorola Solutions
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with
safety.It's the constant that empowers people to confidently move
forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care
for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we
create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe
where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology
ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and
access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration
in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we're ushering in a new era in public safety
and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional
mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of
technological innovations and a global base of installed systems.
The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical
digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety
- Responsibilities include optimization and support of complex
- Provide technical support of specialized systems and product
applications including troubleshooting of software driven
electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure
and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture
including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25
and data infrastructure.
- Program, configure, optimize, test and document complex
- Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper
system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered
as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues
- Continuous training in the latest technologies and
- Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel
to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced
communication systems which meet or exceed customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is
required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by
- Must have knowledge of wired communications systems, such as
local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must have
an understanding of computer network installation, configuration
and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches,
firewalls and bridges.
- Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and
software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve
system/application related issues.
- Must have extensive knowledge of R.F. systems, such as
transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
- Must have expert knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated
data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Access
- Must have self-management skills and "people" skills to work
closely with Motorola's customers and subcontractor (MSS)
community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project
Management, and customer service teams
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required
duties at a distance from direct supervision
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed
by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information
Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires
successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check
administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 4+years experience in one of the following: LMR, RF Systems,
Radio Frequency, Radio Communications, Wired/Wireless Communication
Systems, Networking Equipment or IT
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by
Referral Payment Plan
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Visionbenefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or,
any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Motorola Solutions, Sarasota , Veterans Preferred - System Technologist, IT / Software / Systems , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...