Technical Delivery Manager
Company: Boars Head Provisions
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Hiring Company: Delicatessen Services Co., LLC Overview:
The Technical Delivery Manager manages and directs application development functions of the Information Technology organization with a main focus on web and mobile applications in following competencies; application strategy & architecture, application design/proof of concepts, application standards and controls, development and technology deployment enabling seamless, transparent and efficient business operations.
Position oversees and leads the overall application technical deliveries, software quality standards, and project timelines of enterprise level application medium to large projects where multiple enterprise application development teams are involved. Job Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities Application Development & Application Support
* Application development, technology deployment, and implementation for web/mobile applications servicing the enterprise
* Manage and oversee support analysts to provide support to all core web/mobile applications and third partyapplications.
* Lead the team through SDLC processes for all technical architecture design, technical design, development, unit testing to ensure seamless execution; meet project timelines; meet high standard in software products and applications.
* Ensure standards are defined and followed for seamless code deployment with minimal operational impact/interruptions.
* Partner with the Office of the CIO team (project managers, business analysts, systems analysts) to define IT strategy, future projects, project prioritization, project scope analysis, business requirement analysis in support of the overall business goals
* Work with Office of the CIO team (business analysts, systems analysts) to understand, review, and approve detail functional and business requirements and provide feedback to keeping in view technology best practices, long-term technical goals, technical feasibilities, and reduce cost avoiding throw-away codes and maintenance of complex technical solutions.
* Work closely with IT quality assurance (QA) team and provide effective technical designs, unit test cases, test scenarios to help the QA team to ensure the delivery of high quality of software applications.
* Develops, evaluates, and implements improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery effectiveness.
* Train and mentor developers and support analysts in cutting-edge technologies to build a very efficient and highly productive development team. Management Responsibilities
* Responsible for individual mentorship, performance management with clear goals and objectives, annual appraisals, recruitment, training, budget/vendor management and team development to ensure internal and external client satisfaction.
* Ensure communication takes place both upwards and downwards across area of responsibility.
* Develop a performance measurement framework and facilitate feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
* Communication with external service providers and vendors (e.g., hardware, software, tools, contractors etc.) as required.
* Vendor Management; manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that their performance and provision of services and quality is consistent with our expectations and enables us to meet our exceed service levels.
* Ensure project success through team alignment towards project objectives and expected results.
* Possess an in-depth knowledge of all areas of IT.
* Additional responsibilities or duties as assigned. Education and Experience
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience managing multiple IT initiatives with strong business level focus
* Minimum 10 - 15 years of IT experience, with proven track record of managing IT development team
* Relevant work experience within at least one of the following industries (Food Production, Food & Beverage, CPG, Retail, or Sales).
* Food Production/Food & Beverage/CPG is preferred.
* Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban methodology
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Software Automated Deployment Interpersonal Skills
* Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and multi-team environment.
* Must be able to work independently and as a member of a larger team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven leadership experience
* Effective delegation, collaboration, and negotiation skills (focusing on building and leading highly functioning cross-departmental project teams)
* Strong conflict management skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, analytical and project management skills.
* Excellent customer service, presentation and organization skills.
* Aptitude in logical and analytical thinking.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Effective resource-management and facilitation skills.
Keywords: Boars Head Provisions, Sarasota , Technical Delivery Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!