Attorney - Leasing
Company: Benderson Development
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Benderson Development is one of America's largest privately held
real estate companies. We are proud to own and manage over 800
properties encompassing over 45 million square feet in 40 states.
The diverse Benderson portfolio includes retail, office,
industrial, hotel, residential, and land holdings.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate with leasing agents regarding lease documents and
deals made with tenants or proposed tenants. Assist leasing agents
with prospective tenant proposals, including LOI's and check
restrictions. Meet with leasing agents to review lease terms,
- Present proposed and existing lease deals, lease modifications
and completed leases, and react/respond to changes as
- Negotiate leases, lease amendments, waivers, subordination
agreements, estoppels and termination agreements with tenants,
attorneys and brokers. Draft and revise leases and lease amendments
for new and existing tenants. Collect information and exhibits from
other departments for final lease review. Provide information and
direction to administrative staff in implementing lease terms (i.e.
providing dates necessary for lease commencement) Answer questions
- Assist in preparing purchase and sale contracts. Work on due
diligence requirements in preparing for closings.
- Negotiate ancillary lease forms, such as waivers, subordination
agreements, estoppels, termination agreements, rental agreements,
- Maintain awareness of lease terms, obligations and
responsibilities required in each lease (such as meeting penalty
and dead dates), and exclusives and restrictions to avoid
violations of existing leases.
- Prepare post lease execution documents such as waivers, SNDA's
and TI allowance.
- Provide assistance to departments regarding insurance claims,
lease claims and tenant disputes regarding lease terms and
- Assist in handling all aspects of eminent domain matters.
Assist with all aspects of complying with and applying for
government incentive (i.e. Industrial Development Agency
- Insure completion of weekly lease listing. Qualifications
- J.D. required, in addition to 3+ years practicing law.
- Specific knowledge of commercial real estate leasing a
- Experienced in contract negotiations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal a
necessity; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Proven
ability to multitask, managing multiple real estate files in an
effective and efficient manner.
Keywords: Benderson Development, Sarasota , Attorney - Leasing, Legal , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!