Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for performing
managerial, administrative, and facility support duties under the
direction of the Director of Operations. The Medical Practice
Administrator implements the organizational strategies set by the
leadership team, ensures consistent and correct application of
policies and procedures by clinic staff, and proactively
communicates patient feedback, issues, and resource needs to the
Director of Operations. The Medical Practice Administrator
supervises, coordinates, and integrates practice resources to meet
both the short-term and long-term tactical priorities set by the
Director of Operations. Job duties include proactively monitoring
compliance with policies and procedures, training staff on new
policies and processes, coaching and discipline when appropriate,
problem solving and service recovery, enhancing coordination of
care between CAN and our partners, and recommending solutions to
enhance service and efficiency. The Medical Practice Administrator
also works closely with the staff and physicians to ensure location
compliance with applicable regulatory standards (e.g., OSHA ,DOH,
DOL, HIPAA, etc.). This position will support to clinics. Must be
willing to travel between Sarasota, FL and North Port FL weekly.
Primary Tasks: Medical Practice Administrator Sarasota/North Port
- Responsible for office administration including front office,
medical records (HIM), clinical staff, and all other CAN staff
- Act as point of contact for the facility regarding staff
supervision, customer service, and management of the clinics,
equipment, and day to day operations.
- Responsible for delegation of work and staffing hours.
- Develop and maintain administrative guidelines and
documentation to ensure consistency in approach.
- Responsible for front end revenue cycle functions, such as
collecting and documenting patient information to facilitate
accurate and timely billing and payment to align with the protocols
of our main billing department.
- Provide facility performance reports and other analytical
reports as required.
- Work with other Practice Administrators to share best
practices, create uniformity, streamline clinical flow and
strategize on promoting clinic growth.
- Acts as a liaison between staff and providers to include;
representing staff needs to the providers, as well as provider
needs to the staff, in order to ensure successful office
- Maintain office supplies and equipment to include ordering of
administrative supplies and overseeing clinical staff member
responsible for ordering of medical supplies.
- Coordinates provider schedules and patient appointments, which
includes training staff on the use of the EMR software and
maintaining staff knowledge of scheduling guidelines as well as
- Analyze clinic flow for better efficiency and process
improvement efforts; execute these improvements while creating
accountability with staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate related activities to create an
environment of one team working together to deliver quality care to
our patients and clients.
- Acts as a liaison between the patients, clients, visitors and
staff of the clinic to ensure all customers are satisfied with all
services offered by the clinic.
- Focus on patient experience, metrics, reporting where needed,
customer service and process improvement.
- Assists providers, office and clinical staff, as necessary, to
include filling in as front desk representative, assisting with
clinical issues, coordinating patient tests, processing referrals
and medical record requests, etc.
- Complies with and enforces all established CAN policies,
procedures and protocols as well as any department-specific
policies and procedures as they relate to job functions.
- Interviews and assists in selecting candidates for
- Work closely with HR to prepare new hire schedule for required
training, coordinate technology needs with IT, setup workstation
with equipment and supplies.
- Conducts employee reviews and provides appropriate constructive
feedback and training when necessary in a timely manner.
- Liaison between clinic, and all CAN internal departments (i.e.
IT, facilities, compliance, accounting, billing, advancement,
- Responsible for staff compliance with EMR/medical records
- Appropriately documents coaching, counseling, and disciplinary
activities in compliance with applicable policies and
- Attends and actively participates in facility manager/clinic
- Assists in projects that are small to moderate in scope.
- Anticipate needs and set priorities to handle a changing
- Responsible for reviewing timesheets for payroll to ensure
accuracy and timely approval for employees.
- Supports efforts to ensure that policies and procedures are
appropriate to program and services and that they are developed
and/or adjusted according to programmatic changes and evolving
- Support Patient Care Coordinator and activities around the 340B
- Participate in monitoring site visits, audits, and other
related activities as directed.
- Support short-term and long-term planning activity including
marketing to new physicians, new practice locations, and new
services to the community.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and
- Assist with reviewing and planning for equipment and facility
- Assists with the performance and provides analysis of all
existing contracts when requested.
- Proactively maintains knowledge of state and federal
legislative and regulatory laws and rules.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission,
vision, values, and follows policies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional and departmental standards.Secondary
Tasks: Medical Practice Administrator Sarasota/North Port Clinic
Locations 1. Practice Integrity and Mission and Value statement. 2.
Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Operations
3. Works as a liaison with other clinical management team members
to ensure successful flow of the organization's operations (e.g.
billing, accounting, IT, pharmacy, etc.) 4. Work with partners of
the agency to design and implement marketing strategic
plan.Responsible To: Director of Clinical Operations.
Education/Professional: Medial Practice Administrator
Sarasota/North Port Clinic Locations
- At least 5-years of experience as a Medical Practice Manager,
or equivalent combination of work experience and
education.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical
Practice Administrator Sarasota/North Port Clinic Locations Ability
to work with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively
communicate both written, verbally. Ability to give and receive
information over the telephone. Ability to effectively utilize
problem-solving and decision-making techniques. Ability to make
effective judgments and decisions based on objective criteria.
Strong work ethic. Demonstrated Leadership abilities, including
team building. Knowledge of EMR systems such as eCW Excellent
communication and interpersonal skills and a collaborative
management style. Excellent Computer skills and proficiency in
Microsoft Office (EXCEL, VISIO, Word, PowerPoint) Excellent people
skills, open to direction and commitment to get the job done.
Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities. Promotes
team work, productivity and delivery of high quality care. High
comfort working in a diverse, busy environment with changing
priorities. Knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures,
medications and treatment practices.Physical Requirements: Medical
Practice Administrator Sarasota/North Port Clinic Locations
- Neat, professional appearance.
- MEDIUM- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up
to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time buy may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.
- Must be willing to travel between clinics in Sarasota and North
Port, FL.Other Duties: Medical Practice Administrator
Sarasota/North Port Clinic LocationsPlease note this job
description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.CAN
Community Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Sarasota , Practice Administrator, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!