Sarasota - Maintenance Manager
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Manager
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new / future
business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work
experience requirements will be considered.
Join the First Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Manager and
supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles
to contract requirements. We hire individuals who make safety and
customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive,
confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in
troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Communicates availability of vehicles for service with
dispatchers and operations department.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for employment
decisions, training and development; planning and directing the
work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and
handling performance reviews.
- Ensures that technicians are trained on current operating
procedures, are properly equipped, and are motivated so that the
maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and
- Works closely with the location and region management teams
providing maintenance status and budget updates. Reviews financial
and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Ensures a safe environment exists and all maintenance
activities are in compliance with State, Federal and Company
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform
hands-on work activities.
Maintenance Manager job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Direct automotive, diesel or alternative fuel repair
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred (company training &
- May require lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to a drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract
and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and
outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from
other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Sarasota , Sarasota - Maintenance Manager, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!