Posted on: May 3, 2021
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of
projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading
field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and
recommendations, design and development of plans and
specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing,
preparation, and review of related reports for the services
provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance
with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost
estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and
recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction
problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for
inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be
able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to
technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may
be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works,
transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Developing engineering professional; assignments are designed
to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Assist in research, data collection, field observation,
inspection, and field and laboratory testing. Prepare associated
reports or sections of larger reports.
- Evaluate mostly routine laboratory and field data for inclusion
- Consult with other technical people and supervisor on routine
and less complex projects.
- May perform basic calculations and engineering analysis
- Drafts routine proposals and assists in the preparation of more
- Performs plan drafting using CAD software.
- May work with engineering technician crews in testing,
observations and data gathering activities on project sites and
prepare daily reports documenting activities and findings.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Sarasota , Field Engineer, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!