Company: GAT Airline Support
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a dynamic, dependable, and motivated individual to
join our team of aviation professionals. Here at GAT Airline Ground
Support, we offer our employees a wide range of employee benefits
that include paid time off, major medical, company contributed
401K, Dental, and Vision coverage. You are just one step away from
a new beginning. Don't miss this great opportunity! Join GAT to
begin an exciting new career in the aviation industry!
GAT Airline Ground Support, a fast-growing airline service company,
is actively seeking experienced Senior Manager. If you are looking
for an opportunity to join a growing, fast paced, reputable airline
service company then look no further. You will have the opportunity
to help expand GAT's business portfolio through effective
leadership that results in excellent quality service to our
customers. The ideal candidate possesses skills necessary for
taking advantage of growth opportunities. Successful General
Managers earn rewards for their achievements.
Station Managers positions have the responsibility for maintaining
financial budgetary goals, safety policies, procedures and working
conditions which affect the employee on the job. In addition to
being responsible for immediate work environment he/she will
develop their direct reports. Must effectively communicate all
safety policies and procedures, GAT's core values, and GAT's
Mission to all levels of the organization. Direct and coordinate
activities to provide a safe environment for employees while
maintaining fast and efficient services. This position requires
working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet
arrival and departure goals overseeing a 24-hour operation. A
professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by
the employee. Must possess a sense of urgency and a passion for
improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous
improvement. Must have an excellent working knowledge of business
management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key
drivers of profitability and operational performance.
- Station Managers must be able to conduct monthly safety
meetings for all employees (without exception).
- Responsible for managing all operation activities and multiple
- Must be able to conduct flight audits, station audits and "at
risk" behavior audits.
- Participate in monthly company safety conference calls.Able to
communicate and instill safety awareness in all employees including
- Work in conjunction with Customer to determine manpower
requirements for group movements, peak travel holidays, out of
scope and flight schedule changes.
- Oversee recruiting and placement efforts to ensure staffing
levels meet requirements and exercise best possible effort to
follow any instructions provided by Customer or their designee
regarding standards, procedures and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including FAA,
OSHA, EPA, US Dept. of Labor and EEOC.
- Investigate, report and implement corrective action for any
incident of aircraft damage or employee injury and
conduct/participate in employee coaching and counseling as
- Oversee any disciplinary action resulting or potentially
leading to termination in order to ensure proper documentation and
consistent application of policies.
- Coordinate purchases for operational necessities and ensure
adequate supplies are available to meet customer standards.
- Review final payroll and daily hours to ensure salaries and
wages remain within budgetary restraints.
- Monitor impact of operational irregularities on such costs and
ensure out of scope is documented and approved accordingly.
- Conduct weekly Lead/Supervisor meetings, daily briefings with
GSE mechanic for equipment updates and timely repair, participate
in employee shift briefings and customer shift briefings or team
meetings as required.
- Observe and ensure full compliance of uniform and appearance
guidelines and inspect facility daily including supply rooms,
storage rooms, storage, break rooms and office areas.
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to
ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to, shift
reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting
minutes, monthly summary report, pay change notices, employee
evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting
medium.Investigate all service failures including chargeable
delays, baggage/cargo/mail mishandling.
- Administer station operational plans such as deicing, FOD,
safety, winter operation and baggage plans.
- Complete personnel evaluations on supervisors, administrative
assistants and GSE mechanics.
- Liaise with all customer service, airport, USPS and our
- Respond to and/or investigate concerns reported by customer's
- Perform routine visits to the various authorities to discuss
issues and concerns.
- Attend all local airport tenant, security and safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate combination of education and
- 5+ years of Airline industry
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading people with
- Executive presence and understanding of a large corporate
- Large scale project management experience
- Experience managing multi-customer market
- Strong strategic skills and business acumen combined with the
ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional,
internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a self-directed, highly motivated and proactive
leaderStrong communication skills; written and verbal
- Willing to rotate own schedule to be visible to all clients,
team members as needed
GAT Airline Ground Support has provided quality aviation services
for more than forty years--developing a reputation of outstanding
service in the industry and earning every major carrier's business
through performance excellence. GAT has created a culture that
revolves around safety. Safety and world-class delivery will
permanently be cornerstone principles with every new service, and
every new market we enter.
Several years of explosive growth have positioned GAT Airline
Ground Support to become one of the fastest-growing ground service
providers in the country--making entry into international markets
with the 2019 acquisition of Canadian handler, Strategic Aviation.
Excellent leadership and consistent company values have allowed us
to secure the talent, tools, and financial resources needed to fuel
the future and meet our airline business partners' needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, GAT Airline Ground Support makes
hiring decisions based on business needs and the best-qualified
candidates available. It does not discriminate in its employment
decisions based on any protected category.
Keywords: GAT Airline Support, Sarasota , Station Manager, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!