Director of Assisted Living
Company: Aviva Senior Living
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Anchin Pavilion - Sarasota, FL
Reporting to the VP of Healthcare Services, the Director of
Assisted Living is responsible for the daily operations
and oversight of the assisted living facility and memory care
program. Responsibilities will also include the management of all
programs in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and
agency regulations. The Director respectfully interacts with all
residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff and shall
ensure high levels of resident and employee satisfaction.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited
- Implements appropriate resident care management systems that
provide for high quality of life for ALF residents. Oversees the
management and administration of the ALF, Memory Care, and LNS
- Assures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil
rights are well established and maintained at all times.
- Supervises all ALF staff. Responsible to interview, hire,
orient, train, develop, schedule, monitor, evaluate, counsel and
discharge ALF staff in consultation with the Nursing Home
Administrator and the HR Director.
- Assists the Administrator with the financial budget and census
management to achieve the overall goals.
- Ensures the accuracy and thoroughness of all activity
documentation within the ALF.
- Maintains complete confidentiality and demonstrates adherence
to HIPAA regulations with respect to PHI.
- Listens to resident and family concerns and facilitates
solutions in collaboration with key staff members, family members
and external parties as appropriate.
- Performs initial evaluation for prospective residents.
Evaluates current residents and collaborates with physician,
family, health care providers and nursing to ensure appropriate
level of care is being provided
- Prepares resident and family members for transfers into skilled
nursing facility, as needed.
- Coordinates new resident move-ins and orientations. Supports
the admission process by assuring that the facility/model rooms are
tour ready and discharges are coordinated timely.
- Provides residents the opportunity to attend religious services
and activities of their preference.
- Serves as a role model through the demonstration of excellent
internal and external customer service.
- Assures the safety and security of residents through proper use
of equipment, safety devices, and by knowing and following fire,
safety and disaster procedures. Responds to emergency needs of
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team regarding level of
care and/or discharge as appropriate.
- Remains current on all changes in the industry, particularly
regulatory changes as related to Assisted Living and Dementia
- Initiate Resident benefit eligibility with Long Term Care
companies. Coordinate monthly with the Long Term Care
- Work closely with Staff Development Manager to ensure all
A.H.C.A. required in-service and Relias training is completed in a
timely manner for successful audit results.
Every incidental duty connected with the Director of
Assisted Living position cannot be specified in
the job description. The colleague, at the discretion of the VP of
Healthcare Services, may be required to perform duties that are not
included in this job description.
- Florida Assisted Living CORE Certification required.
- Secondary degree required, preferably in Business
Administration, Hospitality, or health-related field.
- Five years of management experience in senior living or health
care required; CCRC background a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Warm, outgoing, and compassionate personality with strong
leadership and teamwork skills.
- Computer literacy which includes, but is not limited to,
Microsoft Office suite.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Critical thinking: reading, understanding & taking appropriate
action on detailed/complex information.
- Sit, stand, bend, twist, lift, and move intermittently
throughout the day.
- Lift, push, pull, and otherwise move a minimum of 25
- Relate to and work with the elderly, disabled, emotionally
upset, and hostile residents/families/caregivers.
- Possess sight/hearing senses, or the use of prosthetics that
will enable those senses to function adequately so that the
requirements of this position can be met.
Aviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
ADAAA, Aviva will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and
current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the
Work is conducted primarily in health care facility. There is
possible exposure to communicable diseases and blood and body
fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV. This position frequently
requires working within strict deadlines, under stressful
conditions and with a variety of personalities, who may at times be
Machines/Equipment, Tools Used:
All general office equipment including personal computer,
telephone, fax/copier/scanner and 10-key calculator. Microsoft
Office Suite and Electronic Medical Records.
Responsible to: VP of Healthcare Services,
All candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug
screening and a level 2 background check.
Keywords: Aviva Senior Living, Sarasota , Director of Assisted Living, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!