Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Harmar Mobility LLC manufacturers and distributes lifts for
people with disabilities. Headquartered in Sarasota, Fl, with a
second manufacturing site in Missouri, Harmar has over 200
employees. Harmar sells its products through a network of thousands
of retail dealers across the US and to the Federal government
(Veterans Administration). The Company focused on 4 major product
lines, vehicle lifts, stair lifts, vertical platform lifts and
We recently celebrated our 20-year anniversary and are growing!
We are looking for people who want to join a great team.
Lead electrical designs of projects from the conceptual phase
through design completion meeting project needs and
- Responsible for developing the electrical systems for New
Product Development. Specific responsibilities include definition,
documentation, prototyping, testing and debugging, qualification,
and release to production of reliable and cost-effective
- Designs, simulates and implements electronic circuits (digital
and analog) utilizing electrical circuit development tools, digital
signal processing, control systems, and microelectronics.
- Evaluate and optimize product concepts for function (e.g., fit,
function, interference, etc), manufacturability, packaging and
- Review/Approve finalized engineering product drawings with
critical dimensions, performance specifications, and quality
specifications (standards and test procedures).
- Generate product prototypes, perform product testing and ensure
that new products function properly, meet specifications, and
- Develop and evaluate cost analysis for new and modified product
concepts from design through production launch to maximize product
value. Assist in the process of bringing the product to mass
- Work on special projects as assigned such as evaluating
competitive product, new processes and technologies.
- Provides technical support in solving electrical product
quality problems with existing products as needed.
- Responsible for new development to meet safety compliance
requirements (FDA, CE, UL, FCC and others) and coordinate product
- Work on selection and standardization of key components.
- Work with resources that maintain engineering documentation
such as bills of material, procedures and other types of
- Plan and develop test plans and coordinate with internal
testing resources and ensure the quality of testing and
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets
functional and performance specifications.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast
of technological changes and developments in industry.
- Strong knowledge of electrical equipment design ANSI and IEEE
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of EE fundamentals, analog and
digital circuit design, PCB design and development, control theory,
embedded system architectures, software, and design-tools is
- Experience indicating strong planning/organizational skills
with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, multi-task and set
- Evidence of strong technical problem solving skills and the
ability to develop solutions for a smooth workflow in a fast paced
product development environment.
- Experience with Design for Test (DFT), Design for
Manufacturability (DFM), DFMEA/PFMEA and root cause
- Preferred: Experience developing products governed by ASME
A17.1 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators and ASME A18.1
Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university
in electrical engineering, or related field and 10 plus years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Primary: Electrical design experience with end to end product
development including all key product design stages: concept,
design, technical drawings, prototype review, managing costs,
sourcing, and launch.
- Secondary: Design and development of lifting devices a
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
High performance team-oriented environment.
Foster and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Ability to interface effectively and positively with all members
of the organization, suppliers and customers.
Computer literacy for basic Microsoft Office applications.
Self-starter, able to succeed in a dynamic work environment.
Strong Leadership skills.
Willingness to do hands-on work within a team environment.
Keywords: Harmar, Sarasota , Senior Electrical Engineer, Other , sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!