Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is
dependent on the happiness of our associates, so youll receive
competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional
perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be
challenging yet rewarding. But youll earn more than a paycheck; you
can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing
programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional
needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and
the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
We believe that in order to best serve our
residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One
way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but
are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Benefit plan package
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Associate Compassion Fund
Identity theft protection
Pet savings and insurance plans
Voluntary benefits available
Extensive Insurance Plans, including
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings
account and more.
Paid Time Off
Company-provided life insurance and
accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary STD and LTD
Assists the Director, Clinical Services in
planning, organizing, developing and directing the day-to-day
operations of the Clinical Services department in accordance with
current federal, state and local standards. Assists in maintaining
systems and established policy and procedures.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of each resident using
acceptable long-term care assessment software tools and according
to state and federal time frames. Coordinates care plans for each
resident. Oversees the day to day care of each resident to ensure
care plans are followed.
- Works with other team members to establish appropriate level of
care in accordance with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Assists the Director, Clinical Services in ensuring
comprehensive and accurate documentation by nursing service/direct
- Monitors, manages and provides education on Clinical Systems,
programs, and processes as assigned by the Director, Clinical
Services. Implements Clinical Systems and programs in accordance
with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long
- Monitors the community Quality Indicators and survey reports
and provides the Director, Clinical Services recommendations for
Success Planning to include conducting and scheduling
in-servicetraining classes that provide instruction of clinical
skills and required education topics.
- Assists in developing and implementing a Clinical Services
organizational structure. Assists in determining staffing needs;
recruits, selects, and orients nursing/direct care personnel. Leads
programs for staff development. Develops work assignments,
schedules duty hours, and delegates authority to supervisory/lead
- Reviews complaints and grievances filed by personnel and/or
residents. Reports and investigates all allegations of abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property. Reports suspected or known
violations of disclosure of resident protected health
- Assists with the coordination of ancillary services.
- Collects, coordinates, and submits MDS data to the state.
- Monitors medication and treatment schedules; works with
attending physicians; and provides direct care when required.
- Participates in maintaining the policy and procedures that
govern the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services
Department. Possesses knowledge of state, federal, and OSHA
regulations, and implements policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with regulations and guidelines. Ensures staff
compliance with regulations.
- Participates in developing and implementing safety standards
and regulations for equipment, supplies, and resident care rooms.
Implements safe practices in accordance with state, federal, and
OSHA regulations for resident safety, and ensures that policies and
procedures in regards to resident safety are followed by staff and
- Monitors supply and equipment needs and budget. Monitors
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum
two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Long term care experience
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must have valid and current state (RN) license, issued by
appropriate state licensing agency.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of the company.
Physical Demands and Working
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer
and a drug-free workplace.