ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Company: Berry Global Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville,
Indiana, is committed to its mission of Always Advancing to Protect
Whats Important. With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a
combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global
supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and
rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end
markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide,
on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always
advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and
services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships
through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we
are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our
values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn
more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Ensure the safety and security of all employees.
- Assist Project Engineering Manager in all production needs of
plant operations, projects and to meet customer requirements.
- Work with project engineering manager on plant operations for
all manufacturing needs.
- Design and maintain CAD drawings and files.
- Ability to program, trouble shoot and train on all PLC, HMI, AC
and DC motor controls and motion controls.
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical prints and
- Ability to build electrical control panels.Ability to program,
troubleshoot and train on machine vision.
- Ability to program, interface, trouble shoot and train on
- Maintain engineering database with all programs, prints and
- Maintain existing vendors; develop new vendors, for the purpose
of defining, designing, implementing, troubleshooting and
- Obtain competitive quotes from vendors.
- Work with managers on the development of new projects.
- Work with maintenance personnel to assist in troubleshooting of
manufacturing equipment and control systems problems.
- Safely perform plant electrical requirements when needed.
- Safely operate company machinery and equipment when
- Must follow all safety, food safety, GMP and HACCP practices
and be NFPA 70 certified.
- Capable of physical mobility including sitting, bending,
twisting, standing, and lifting.
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Capable of maintaining an attendance record within company
- Capable of working extended work weeks and weekends.
- Associates degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering
preferred from an accredited academic institution, or equivalent
- Read, write and speak English.
- Past experience / proven ability within the specified
- Negative drug screen test results.
- Possess functional knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Possess functional knowledge of machinery.
- Capable of using diagnostic tools.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing process (JDE preferred).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2021-10054
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Berry Global Group, Sarasota , ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!