Technical Support Specialist II (Delicatessen Services Co., LLC)
Company: Boar's Head Provisions Co., Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Reporting to the Service Support Operations Manager, the Tier 2
Technical Support Specialist investigates, diagnoses, and resolves
most incidents that are not resolved by the Help Desk Specialist.
This individual assists the Help Desk Specialist solve basic
technical problems and investigates more complex issues escalated
to him/her. The Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist performs high
level local desktop support for onsite personnel as well as remote
support using remote control tools. This individual relies on
experience and judgment, as well as pre-established processes and
procedures to identify, research, and resolve technical issues. The
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist documents, tracks and monitors
issues escalated to him/her to ensure a timely resolution. The Tier
2 Technical Support Specialist coordinates with corporate
management, IT personnel, and vendors as required to address issues
related to existing IT systems and implementations of new IT
technologies. This individual will collaborate with peers to
discuss and identify solutions.
- Performs onsite installation or replacement of various hardware
and software components.
- Performs diagnostic testing and analyzes test results in order
to resolve the issue.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical
difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Triage Tier 2 and Tier 3 trouble tickets.
- Resolve network switch and connectivity issues.
- Collaborate with development staff to recreate issues in the
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and
update the ticketing system.
- Interface with infrastructure, database, and development
- Communicate the plan, progress, and issues in a timely
- Initiates escalation as appropriate to ensure management
awareness of Severity 1 outages.
- Actively contributes to ongoing process improvement.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely
- Determines root cause of problems and identifies workarounds or
- Ensures workarounds and permanent fixes are documented and
communicated to Help Desk Specialists.
- Escalates issues to Tier 3 support when the issue exceeds their
- Proactively monitors the infrastructure for possible issues and
takes necessary action to prevent an outage.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for IT desktop
- Acts as liaison between equipment vendors and the company.
- Administers, updates, and troubleshoots help desk ticketing
software (System Administrator).
- Assists in the maintenance or server and network systems as
- Writes automated routines and programs using common desktop
- Actively participates in end user and Help Desk Specialist
training by providing materials, conducting training, or attending
training in the role of SME.
- Maintains IT equipment and supply inventories to ensure
critical parts and supplies are in place to maintain systems with
- Administers, updates, and troubleshoots corporate telephone
- Other duties as directed by the Service Support Operations
- Associate degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years experience in an IT technical support position
preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Demonstrated experience installing and supporting PCs, laptops,
printers, and telecommunication equipment.
- Demonstrated experience installing and supporting Windows 7,
Office 2010, and other desktop related applications.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS systems and applications.
- Knowledge of network and server administration and
troubleshooting a plus.
- Knowledge of IT technologies such as VMWare and VDI a
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Proven ability to keep up to date with the latest IT
- Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, and
- Must have excellent interpersonal and motivation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- PC Imaging experience is required.
- Footprints experience is required.
- Ability to work various hours, including weekends. Work
schedules vary based on production needs: early morning starts,
extended hours, and weekend work.
- Ability to work in confined areas and ceilings to run wire for
system integrations or telecommunications.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Management Information Systems
Keywords: Boar's Head Provisions Co., Inc., Sarasota , Technical Support Specialist II (Delicatessen Services Co., LLC), Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!