Fleet Division Manager - Fleet Services - Manager III
Company: Sarasota County Government Careers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Our Job
US News & World Reported that Sarasota, Florida is the #1 place
in Florida and #18 in the country for best places to live. We need
your help to create wonderful experiences for residents and
vacationing guests navigating Sarasota. We have an opening and you
can join this dedicated high-performing team of County
Leads, manages and provides policy and guidance to managers and
business professionals assigned to Fleet Services. Responsible for
the development and implementation of business plans and budgets,
and accountability for outcomes.
- Oversees all functional activities for Fleet including the
development of business plans, new business models, and staffing
- Responsible for managing the development and implementation of
strategic goals & objectives for multiple work units.
- Responsible for managing the development & overseeing budgets &
- Interfaces with other units/core services & city/county
- Provides guidance & direction to staff including hiring &
conducting performance appraisals. Partners with HR on employee
relations issues; recommends & administers disciplinary
- Responsible for guiding the development and implementation of
long-range maintenance plans & service level agreements.
- Reviews & analyzes current vehicle & equipment data for
training, repeat repairs, costing, lease, developing maintenance
rates, adjusting life cycles, fuel mpg's (miles per gallon)/cpm's
(cents per mile), direct labor, performance indicators.
- Provides guidance & oversight for developing implementing &
monitoring vendor contracts.
- Oversees procurement of services, supplies & equipment.
- Prepares & presents special reports & presentations.
- Assigns special projects as required.
- Develops & maintains effective & collaborative relationships
with core service asset owners.
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention,
detection & risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility;
oversees financial, compliance, operational & performance audits;
reviews audit findings & ensures appropriate controls are
established & implemented.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in
a related field and six (6) years of related experience OR A
Master's Degree with four (4) or more years of related
- At least four (4) or more years of the experience must be in a
- May consider substituting years of experience for 4-year degree
which would be a minimum 10 years of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Fleet Manager Certification through
Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP), National
Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) or American Public Works
Association (APWA). If candidate does not possess certification,
attain certification within the first 12 months of employment.
Job Competencies: Management experience with ability to
mentor/lead others & oversee work. Microsoft Word, Excel & computer
skills including Fleet software. Knowledge of policies & legal
regulations (such as DPE, EPA, DOT, FLDR). Strong communication
skills (written & oral), excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to
manage complex & difficult assignments & monitor/coordinate
projects. Ability to coordinate & implement change. Skills in
advising & guiding customers. Ability to interface with agency
counterparts. Problem solving skills.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject
to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who
fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified
from employment in any class for a period of five (5) years.
About Everything Else:
Pay: $70,075.20 - $94,016.00
This Posting is currently Open Until Filled
At Will (Budgeted)
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending
Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement
System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this
link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms
and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation
days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing
accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30
days off in your 1st year!)
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco Free/Drug Free
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in
its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender identification or expression, genetic information,
religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job
applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation
to participate in the application/selection process is requested to
make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or
appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the
application, please call 941-861-5353.
Keywords: Sarasota County Government Careers, Sarasota , Fleet Division Manager - Fleet Services - Manager III, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!