Commercial Property Manager
Posted on: May 3, 2021
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
The primary responsibility of the Property Manager is to
represent the company through the management of a portfolio of
company-owned properties. While maintaining a high level of quality
and customer service, this individual will lead the daily
operations of assigned retail and industrial centers. The ideal
candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive in nature and possess
strong problem solving abilities while managing multiple
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the daily operations of properties, including
building systems, mechanical, parking, sweeping, landscaping and
general maintenance, are executed in a manner that is consistent
with Benderson Development standards.
- Serve as the primary interface for our tenants on a daily
basis. Enforce lease terms. Point of contact for all tenant
concerns and requests including after hour emergencies.
- Maintain annual budget oversight and execute capital
- Coordinate repair and upgrades to existing facilities and
partner with the construction department on new construction or
tenant buildouts from planning stages until turnover.
- Create scopes of work as needed for bid purposes - obtain
estimates, review and negotiate contracts, obtain necessary permits
and award contracts to subcontractors. Oversee work and monitor
services of contractors to ensure work is carried out properly.
Complete final inspection and documentation of construction/repair
work, and confirm that work meets tenant/company requirements.
- Perform regular inspections of properties, primarily common
areas, dependent upon landlord obligations, location, and current
projects on site. Maintain an excellent exterior appearance of the
retail centers (or other properties) including faade, landscaping
and parking lot upkeep, etc.
- Understand all emergency management policies for property
management including plumbing, electrical, telephone, fire, law
enforcement, and lighting.
- Provide direction to maintenance staff in performing related
functions, daily tasks, responsibilities, upcoming events and
promotions. Supervise, train, and monitor work of maintenance
- Correspond with local municipal authorities regarding notices
and enforcement of local ordinance and codes.
- Properly issue purchase orders and approve invoices and provide
support documentation to expedite voucher process.
- Perform pre/post vacancy tenant inspections.
- Serve as a liaison between BDC and the public and tenants.
Assist leasing agents in identification of prospective tenants
through showing of space as called upon.
Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial multi-property
management or management of a complex single commercial property.
Understanding of construction and good working knowledge of
mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines required.
Normal dexterity required in construction and office environment
including hand-eye coordination, walking, sitting, standing,
alertness (attention to detail) and answering of phones. Computer
input; May require lifting of materials or boxes weighing up to 50
pounds. Much sitting and driving for extended periods of time to
get to locations, and walking to perform inspection of
Keywords: Benderson, Sarasota , Commercial Property Manager, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!