Employee and Labor Relations Business Partner
Company: Sarasota County Government Careers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Our Job
Our HR team supports our 2,200 County employees. As a Human
Resources Business Partner you'll perform advanced and consultative
work, in this professional-level position.
About Our Job
- You'll work regularly with client groups to assess complex
issues and needs and recommend appropriate HR solutions and
- Act as a strategic partner to directors, managers, and
supervisors on a wide variety of topics including employee
relations, conflict resolution, performance management, recruitment
and selection, labor relations and training and development.
- Conduct internal investigations; assist with all aspects of
labor relations and give guidance to other HR employees.
- Assist and attend negotiations.
- Assist in all steps of the grievance process including
grievance-resolution committees, mediation, and arbitration.
- Schedule, participate, and may lead labor/management
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partners, HR staff,
Employee/Labor Relations Manager, HR Director and/or County
Attorney's office as appropriate.
- Consult and partner with supervisors and managers, and/or
employees in the area of Employee Relations, including corrective
actions, conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, performance
management, proactive HR practices and other areas as
- Interpret HR policies, laws, regulations and programs for
directors, managers and staff.
- Lead or assist with workplace investigations/review of
allegations of misconduct, EEO/discrimination, ADA, retaliation,
workplace violence or other complaints.
Client Group Consultation
- Assume responsibility for assigned client groups within the
organization to provide HR support and consultation. Visit client
group worksites, attend staff meetings, and build collaborative
- Coach client leaders on verbal approaches for addressing
complex/difficult employee performance issues.
- Provide "total HR solutions" by using the appropriate mix of HR
resources, including classification and compensation, workforce
planning, training and development, and labor relations.
- Work with client group management to review and update
succession plans and job descriptions.
- Meet with leaders experiencing staff performance issues;
recommend and assist with appropriate tools and resources including
memos of expectations; performance evaluations; performance
improvement/action plans; and probation extensions.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Serve on interview panels for management and
technical/professional positions; offer guidance and support
regarding interviewing and selection processes; provide equity
analysis report and provides input on proposed job offer/pay.
HR Training and Development:
- Conduct New Employee Orientation and Manager Quick Start
- Facilitate and update mandatory HR classes for all employees
and HR Management Series.
- Conduct HR training for assigned client groups. Meet one-on-one
with managers/supervisors to share human resources information, for
team building or coaching.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in
Public Administration, Business, Human Resources, Organizational
Development, Adult Education, Staff Development or related field
AND six (6) years professional level related experience in Human
Resources, including employee relations, recruitment and selection
and training and development.
- 5+ plus years' experience in Employee/Labor relations
- Knowledge in the laws, principles and practices associated with
- Written communication skills in the development of reports,
guidelines and written summaries.
- Ability to interface and build strong, trusting relationships
across the organization.
- Ability to consult with all levels of staff using a
multi-HR-faceted approach to problem solving.
- Ability to listen with patience and respond to high level,
controversial issues utilizing good judgement.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in resolving sensitive
- Knowledge of conflict resolution methods and practices.
About Everything Else
Pay: $54,912.00 - $70,000.00
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending
Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement
System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this
link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms
and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation
days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing
accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30
days off in your 1st year!)
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco Free/Drug Free
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in
its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender identification or expression, genetic information,
religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job
applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation
to participate in the application/selection process is requested to
make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or
appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the
application, please call 941-861-5353.
Keywords: Sarasota County Government Careers, Sarasota , Employee and Labor Relations Business Partner, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!