Posted on: June 6, 2021
Benderson Development is seeking a talented construction
estimator to join our team in Sarasota. The ideal individual will
have commercial estimating experience with civil and/or vertical
projects. This role will estimate both new construction and tenant
build out projects.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately prepare a detailed cost estimates of all aspects of
a proposed projects including but not limited to quantity take off,
detailed cost estimate, line item and subcontractor summary by
- Work with various departments to establish scope of work.
- Expedite timely, accurate project cost budgets utilizing
historical data, unit pricing, subcontractor/vendor proposals and
methods as discussed with management.
- Obtain, distribute and manage plans or specifications as
directed by supervisor for proposed projects.
- Review the summarized budget with supervisor.
- Maintain all unit prices and keep current in estimating
programs and templates.
- Adjust unit prices in the system as the market adjusts the
- Verify existing conditions of vacancies and incorporate found
conditions into budget and estimates.
- Four-year Civil Engineering, Construction or other Construction
Related Degree or equivalent combinations of technical training
and/or related experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of commercial estimating experience required,
preferably with a general contractor or developer.
- Analytical and problem-solving mentality
- Team player, self-motivated, gets along well with supervisors,
peers and subordinates.
- Capability to plan, prioritize and multitask with meticulous
attention to detail within time constraints.
- Strong and effective written and verbal skills.
Keywords: Benderson, Sarasota , Construction Estimator, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!