Senior Budget Analyst
Company: City of Sarasota
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Performs intermediate-level technical, professional and
analytical work in the preparation, analysis and monitoring of the
City's budget. Assists the Budget Manager in the analysis of
departmental budgets and in the presentation of the budget to the
- Provides guidance and support to departments to develop and
administer their budgets; reviews and analyzes departmental budget
requests and makes recommendations for best business
- Assists with calculating the millage rate, preparation and
submission of all related forms to the Florida Department of
Revenue, County Property Appraiser and County Tax Collector.
- Ensures the City's compliance with the State of Florida's Truth
in Millage (TRIM) process.
- Conducts in-depth and advanced research to compile information,
cost of services/programs and benefits of services/programs.
- Assists with the development of written procedures for the
City's budget process.
- Coordinates aspects of the budget process and reviews
departmental submissions for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Performs research and prepares budget/financial/trend analysis
for both revenues and expenditures accounts.
- Maintains a computerized data base of annual budget information
for trend analysis and forecasting.
- Monitors, analyzes and resolves complex budget issues.
- Uses technology skills to analyze and make recommendations to
improve departmental/organizational functions.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that would be required of classifications given this title and
shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of and particular position. The incumbent may be
required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in the job description.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in
finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- Five (5) years experience with a county or municipal government
in finance or budgeting or the equivalent in education, training
and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills
- Certification as a Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO)
or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) is highly
Job Based Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of budgetary and accounting principles and
methods and knowledge of governmental fund accounting.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out work assignments
sometimes under strict legal requirements to meet multiple
- Ability to research and compile data, analyze results and
develop recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to research, assemble, analyze and organize complex
data to complete accurate budget and financial reports.
- Proficient in modern office practices and standard computer
software with considerable knowledge of spreadsheet and database
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
supervisor, subordinates, other employees, public officials and the
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and
procedures of government budgeting, and best practices in
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, rules, and
regulations regarding budget adoption and Truth in Millage (TRIM)
Keywords: City of Sarasota, Sarasota , Senior Budget Analyst, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!