Senior Sous Chef
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Posting Date May 19, 2021
Job Number 21046947
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota, 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive,
Sarasota, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The
Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional
that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we
set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world
over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while
leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to
continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to
ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible
for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must
ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Culinary Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day
operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform
duties in employees' absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and
reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with employees and ensures employees do the same within the
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions
of team members.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and
executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers
engaged in food preparation.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas,
relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with
all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular
basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure
that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates
decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily
- Improves service by communicating and assists individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish your work.
- Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall
property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or
exceed budgeted goals.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches,
mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal
educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or
- Manages payroll administration.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and
Human Resources as necessary.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to
business demands and for tracking of employee time and
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Participates in employee progress discipline procedures.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process,
providing feedback as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of
corrective action plans.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Sarasota , Senior Sous Chef, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!