Youth Care Specialist - Multiple Openings!
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: June 9, 2021
LSF is hiring over 30 new positions! Are you looking for
immediate work with a flexible schedule and can start right now?!
Join the LSF team working with teens in our Dream Center. Apply now
for immediate consideration!
Pay is $16 per hour. Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred.
Purpose & Impact
This is a direct service delivery position. The Youth Care
Specialist supervises youth in residence, provides quality care,
ensures safe and secure environment, transports and supervises
youth. Additional duties of the Youth Care Specialist include
providing a supportive environment for the teens, responsibility
for daily security and maintenance of facility, assignment and
supervision of client chores program, and preparation of meals as
evaluated by the food program.
- Provide supportive environment for youth
- Assists adolescents with preparing and eating meals, taking
baths, maintaining hygiene, administering medication and performing
other daily routine tasks
- Transports individual and groups of adolescents for
appointments or field trips outside the facility
Provide daily security and up-keep of facility
- Develops, plans, coordinates, and participates in daily
recreational and social activities, including outdoor programs and
- Consults and communicates with shift leaders, supervisors and
professional staff concerning behavior issues and the needs of the
- As directed, participate in the implementation and monitoring
of client case plans
- Participate in various in-service training sessions and attend
- Assign and supervise chores in addition to performing light
housekeeping duties such as making beds and cleaning laundry, to
ensure that the teens residential setting is neat, clean, and
- Interviews and responds to critical incidents and emergency
situations. Document incidents in the logbook as well as on the
- Assists with the initial intakes and discharge of youth
- Document as in the logbook as outlined in polices and
- Conducts group meetings with youth to discuss issues and
- Provides instruction on appropriate behaviors and Independent
- Observes and documents the behavior, development and needs of
- Maintains daily written records and logs of observations and
concerns about individual adolescents
- Provides responsive, high quality service to Childnet, The
Department of Children and Families, The Department of Juvenile
Justice, The Courts, the School Board of Palm Beach County in
addition to other representatives of outside agencies and members
of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date
information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner
- Bilingual in English/ Spanish highly desired
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and be flexible
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalency completion
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a caretaker type
role or any experience with kids welcome!
- Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are
- Ability to establish effective relationships with clients,
co-workers and the general public.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service populations
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Team player with co-workers and administrators
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much more!
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
youth specialist youth teens child care worker children at risk
youth care specialist teenagers adolescents shelter group home
health aide cna nursing assistant childcare aide bilingual worker
daycare day care elderly nurse nursing assistant
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Sarasota , Youth Care Specialist - Multiple Openings!, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!