TrueNet Communications is currently seeking a Field Engineer in
Sarasota, FL and surrounding areas to perform CATV and Broadband
site surveys. Experience with cable TV construction permitting is
highly preferred. The typical schedule is Monday-Friday, during
normal business hours with some flexibility dependent upon business
needs. Remote employment opportunities are available.
The Field Engineer gathers the necessary field information
regarding aerial, buried or underground Outside Plant (OSP) CATV
cable and associated facilities. The information provided by the
Field Engineer will be utilized to facilitate the design of work
orders to place new network cables, utility poles, hand holes,
terminal cabinets, etc. or to rearrange/modify the existing
network. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent
Essential Position Functions:
- Take detailed measurements, notes and pictures of the proposed
CATV network construction locations, cable routes, and equipment
- Travel to required work sites.
- Obtain accurate distances and necessary field data using a
measuring wheel, range finder, pole stick or other outside plant
- Follow measuring guidelines set forth by the customer.
- Adhere to safety guidelines set forth by TrueNet and
- Report data/notes to appropriate design team member and/or
- Maintain company vehicle (if provided) as directed by manager
and/or safety team.
- Attend onsite meetings as directed by TrueNet and/or
- Attend training sessions to maintain and build upon skill,
knowledge and performance levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience with and understanding of OSP construction
- Working knowledge of OSP infrastructure and equipment
- Working knowledge of easement, right-of-way and permit
documents is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSP aerial, buried and UG Plant.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong
attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word,
Excel, Outlook) required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching
within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds up to one-third of the time.
- Must be able to work and travel in various weather
- Use of ladder and power tools required more than 50% of the
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those of a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a field position and requires 80% or more travel.
- Most work is completed outdoors.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible
to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering
and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and
telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support
communications infrastructure for our clients across North America.
Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in
a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries,
excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.