SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current
role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist.
Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to
succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an
ambitious Pharmacist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation
package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical
coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones
while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your
future with our matching 401K or opt-in for several other benefits
including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and
medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2
million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states
including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has
been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's
in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is facility
located on a wooded campus, minutes west of I-75. We have earned
our reputation by caring for people as individuals, not just
treating their medical problems. All of our rooms are private.
Modern Healthcare Magazine has voted Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 &
The Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other
pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government
regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient
reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and
ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing
computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in
performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American
Council on Pharmacy Education.
- BS or Pharm.D degree.
- Hospital Experience Preferred.
- State licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are
actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.