We are Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., a fast growing,
highly regarded commercial electrical and lighting service
provider, located in Sarasota, FL, offering great training and
Wed like you to consider coming to work with us. Were growing by
design, not by chance, and we want people like you to help us lead
the way. Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., has been serving the
State of Florida for over 5 years. The key to our success is our
Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., hires military veterans and
offers excellent career paths for military personnel who are
planning to transition into new civilian professions. Throughout
our 5 plus years in business, we've learned that your service
training, and the military structure you're used to, are a great
fit in our company. Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., is a
military-friendly company that is seeking military talent.
Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., has exciting open
opportunities for team players that live and demonstrate our
Humble, Hungry, and Smart company culture.
Humble: Humble team members are quick to point
out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for
their own. They share credit, emphasize team over self and define
success collectively rather than individually.
Hungry: Hungry team members are self-motivated
and diligent. They are constantly thinking about the next step and
the next opportunity.
Smart: Smart team members are interpersonally
appropriate and aware. They have good judgment and intuition around
the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and
Once you learn more about us, youll quickly discover that were a
different kind of electrical and lighting company, and were proud
We are currently looking for a full-time, qualified commercial
Lighting Retrofit Technicians (LRTs) to install lighting products
safely and securely in customers facilities. The ideal candidate
will possess a high level of professional customer service and have
broad knowledge of lighting retrofit strategies.
We are looking for qualified individuals that can work
independently as well as be a team player. This individual should
also have a high degree of customer service and communication
skills. Dedicated customer service is essential to the
We are looking for ambitious individuals that are committed to
the job and take pride in the quality of their work!
Candidates with industrial and commercial lighting retrofit
experience, including electrical experience, are highly preferred
but not required.
Position Summary: Florida Lighting Maintenance
Retrofit Technicians are responsible for installing lighting
fixtures, lamps, ballasts, controls, or other items associated with
lighting systems, often working from ladders, scaffolds, and/or
roofs. LRTs install, maintain, and/or repair electrical wiring,
equipment, and/or fixtures, performing physically demanding tasks
while conveying knowledge of basic/specialized tools and equipment
throughout the service job/work order process. Compliance with FLM
safety policies is a must. LRTs are also expected to understand and
conform to government/local electrical and building code
regulations and ordinances as well as any/all required safety
LRTs should have excellent written and verbal communication
skills, the ability to identify/diagnose lighting fixture issues,
the ability to read, develop, and follow blueprints and wiring
schematics, have a sound understanding of handling and using basic
electrical tools and equipment, be reliable, and can define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Know how to establish customer rapport to ensure highest levels
of satisfaction, make customers happy.
- Must work within the Companys Safety Program Requirements.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and follow
directions of the Crew Leader.
- Complete all lighting and service system checks efficiently and
- Install lamps, ballasts, and other lighting components within
various fixture types.
- Work indoors and outdoors on ladders, scaffolding, and/or lift
equipment, off the ground at varying heights.
- Work on their feet for up to 12 hours
- Must be willing to work nights, some weekends, and undertake
- LRTs will be required (after training) to work up to or surpass
productivity levels predetermined by management.
- Take care of all company property given to them to perform
- Participate actively in all training exercises, meetings, and
technical vendor training
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in industrial maintenance, electrical or
electronic engineering is a plus.
- 2 years of experience (preferred)
- Must possess strong problem solving, critical thinking, and
time management skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Ability to manage inventory of electrical/lighting material
- Must have basic hand tools
- Must have a valid drivers license & pass driving record
- Experience with Scissor Lifts, tow-behind lifts, and/or aerial
- Aerial Lift / Boom Truck certification preferred but not
- Must pass drug screening
- Must pass criminal background check
- Authorized to work in the United States (required)
What youll love about us:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Days
- Competitive, Bi-Weekly Pay
- Pay scale is based upon experience
Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC., provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are large enough to make a difference but small enough to
assure your voice is heard. Florida Lighting Maintenance, LLC.,
prides itself on being an organization where every person and
Come join our team of smart, motivated, and fun people! Apply
today by submitting your resume and cover letter!
Florida Lighting Maintenance (FLM) is a full-service
facilities contractor specializing in electrical and lighting
system design, installation, maintenance, and lighting retrofits
for commercial, municipal, educational, and residential clients
throughout Florida and the greater southeastern United States. FLM
maintains its own professional fleet of specialty vehicles and
bucket trucks, fully equipped and ready to dispatch. The FLM name
represents the highest level of customer service, quality
workmanship, and commitment to excellence.