Company: Sun Hydraulics Corp.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead and support the
manufacturing engineering team. This role will manage a team of
manufacturing engineers and technicians in order to support daily
production, process improvement, and identifying the necessary
equipment and process to produce quality products. They will
analyze and interpret technical data such as engineering drawings,
specifications, purchase orders, etc.
- Provide leadership for the day-to-day direction of the
manufacturing engineering team
- Based on requirements from customer orders, plan sequences of
operations for manufacturing, assembly and testing of production
- Ensure efficient and effective manufacturing methods are used
that are compatible to product requirements such that OEE, Scrap,
and Process Yield KPI's are consistently met
- Effectively champion the Manufacturing Change management
process such that changes are properly implemented in a timely
- Specifies, design and/or procures special tooling or equipment
required to attain product per customer requirement within budgeted
cost and time.
- Facilitate robust, cost efficient, safe manufacturing processes
and product structures consistent with standard methods of work
utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Manage departmental and capital budgets.
- Participate in the Company's Corrective Action and MRB
- Assuring product and process quality by designing, proofing and
validating manufacturing methods, including assembly, process,
inspection and test; establish standard work procedures, process
capability and process control.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient
operation of the function
- Analyze and resolve fabrication and tooling issues to avoid
- Value engineer existing products and processes to reduce cost,
lead time and cycle times.
- Establish partnerships and relationships with internal
customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports
- Models and supports organization's goals and values; adapts to
changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes
- CAD/CAM software use
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects
and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement
data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis,
wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops
alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving
situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets
others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges
- Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and
versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous
improvement of self and processes.
- Versatility, flexibility and a wiliness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a
variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and
- Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting and technology.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write clearly
and informatively routine reports, correspondence, and designs
workflows and procedures. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Practical application knowledge of Kaizen, 8D, Lean Six Sigma
and other common continuous improvement methodologies aligned with
a lean high performing manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean
and Six-Sigma resources and tools.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 Standards, Statistics and Root
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project,
Solidworks, CATIA and other applicable tools.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a technical field
- Minimum of 7+ years' precision machining or manufacturing
- Minimum 3 + years' supervisory experience
Keywords: Sun Hydraulics Corp., Sarasota , Engineering Manager, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!