Customer Service Representative
Posted on: July 22, 2021
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing - make lives better, one
interaction at a time. We're a global leader in customer service
and collections, serving the world's biggest brands with tens of
thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to provide
collections/receivables management phone support for one or more
clients at our contact center facility . In this role, you will be
assisting customers with making outstanding payments for clients.
You'll be acting as a consult ant to the customer , empathiz ing
with their situation, encouraging and educating them , and offer
ing assistance and payment options.
A strong relationship between our clients and their customers
starts with you - so only the awesome need apply!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles various incoming and outgoing collections-focused phone
- Resolves customer questions, complaints and collections
inquiries in a professional, helpful manner
- Connects with existing and potential customers and aims to
resolve inquiries related to receivables management
- Utilizes computer system to verify and document customer
- Talks to customers over the phone to resolve their questions or
- Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
- Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
- Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and
WHY JOIN ALORICA?
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely
great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back
matters just as much - that's why we're so proud of Making Lives
Better with Alorica, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization
dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and
the people, organizations and communities who support them.
Simply put, we want to make lives better...one interaction at a
time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee,
you may receive:
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore
all kinds of career options - from customer service, collections,
training , and tech support, to management, recruiting and more.
Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your
professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed -
because when you're at your best, that's when we're at our
So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
Minimum Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree
- 1-2 years' previous experience in a receivables management,
collections and contact center environment, preferred
- Customer service experience a plus
- Phone-related customer service a major plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Stellar customer service skills - and an overwhelming desire to
make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Knowledge of phone dialer functions and call campaigns
- Understanding of collections regulations, including but not
limited to Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Unfair,
Deceptive, or Abusive Acts, or Practices (UDAAP)
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Flexibility and versatility in problem analysis and
- A climate controlled, contact center environment - filled with
amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Constant sedentary work. You'll typically be sitting for most of
the time, so be sure get up and stretch once in a while. Your
circulatory system will thank you.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Let's make lives better. Let's defy the status quo. And let's go
beyond thinking outside the box - and decide to obliterate the box
You ready? Let's do this.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Alorica, Sarasota , Customer Service Representative, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!