Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where
children are safe, families are strong and communities are
Since 1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and
sharing solutions to protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we
are one of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50
Floridians with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare
LSF is looking for a talented Bilingual Case
Manager who wants to make an impact in the lives of
Purpose & Impact
The Case Manager is responsible for the
submission of service plans and other assessments required for the
compiling of a comprehensive case file. The Case Manager is
required to maintain a flexible, organized and efficient work
schedule and is subject to work extended hours, weekends, and be
A Day in the Life of a Case Manager
- Conduct initial intake interviews of youth to include gathering
family, possible sponsorship information and to establish age of
- Conduct interviews of family members, friends of family and/or
sponsors to determine the integrity of the relationship and verify
information received from minor within 24-48 hours upon admission
to the shelter.
- Determine options available for youth within 48-72 hours and
proceed with the required documentation to reunify youth with
family in home country or in the United States as deemed
- Ensure the timely completion of (assessments) Initial Intake,
Emergency Placement, and Preliminary Service Plans in accordance
with LSF, State, and Federal requirements.
- Ensure the timely submission of the initial Individual Service
Plan after the youth arrival to the shelter and thereafter in
accordance with LSF, State and Federal requirements.
- Document all actions taken and contacts with youth, sponsor,
and stakeholders in the form of progress notes (efforts) as
required by LSF, State and Federal contracts.
- Complete and submit reunification packets for initial
- Submit completed reunification packet with appropriate referral
made by Case Manager for the timely release of youth to designated
- Provide weekly face to face updates to youth and telephonic
updates to family members/sponsor.
- Ensure the provision of two weekly telephonic contacts with
family of origin, primary caregiver and/or sponsor.
- Facilitate incoming calls to minors with the appropriate family
members and other approved caregivers.
- Facilitate attorney to client contact as requested by
- Coordinate weekly treatment team meetings with representatives
from all departments at the shelter.
- Attend case staffing with funding source representative.
- Maintain physical and web-based client files.
- Drive clients to facilitate program services, may include
transportation to court appointments, attorney visits, other
appointments as per contractual requirements as needed. May also
include transporting youth within the United States if
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that
up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy
changes or practice are adhered to.
- Attend training that will enhance professional growth in the
area of case manager and documentation or other topics as deemed
appropriate by the program director.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport
youth to destinations located within the U.S.
- Maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free work area.
- Ensure the proper supervision of youth at all times.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work, Psychology, Human
Services, Counseling or other social service field.
- 1 year experience preferred working with adolescents or in the
youth services field. (volunteer and internship experienced
License, Certification and Screening:
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) requires those hired into this
position to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 (including any booster shots, if required) or must become
fully vaccinated within the first 30 days of employment.
Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status
will result in the termination of your employment with LSF.
Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for
consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based
on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by
LSF. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by
the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can
provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested
exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations
are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability
of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This
vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established
government requirements. The requirement is also based on the
safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against
COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety
of members, clients, and community.
Why work for LSF?
Ability to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs, spanning across a wide range of
populations in need. This gives our team members an opportunity to
learn and potentially work in programs outside of their direct
area. Either way, members of the LSF family will play a
part in transforming the lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and learning alongside talented
professionals in a dynamic and inclusive environment. The values of
our organization – OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY
and HONESTY – drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
Because of the variety of programs we offer throughout Florida,
team members have the option to explore areas of interest in other
programs or grow within their existing program/department.
Amazing benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Family Services embraces diversity, equity
and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field