Case Manager (7107)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Lutheran Services Florida
(LSF) envisions a world where children are safe, families are
strong and communities are vibrant. Since 1982, Lutheran
Services Florida has been providing and sharing solutions to
protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we are one of the largest
nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50 Floridians with a wide range
of services, including:
- early childhood
- refugee and
- mental health and
LSF is looking for a
talented Case Manager who wants to make an
impact in the lives of others.
The Case Manager assists in the coordination of direct services
for up to 40 wards of the Agency to include: placement, monitoring
of facilitating the provision of medical, social, psychiatric and
financial needs of the ward.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A
- Visit clients a minimum of one time monthly and monitor the
- Prepare the initial and annual plans for the court.
- Maintain client files and case notes.
- Assess the clients for needs, coordinate, facilitate and
monitor services to meet client needs.
- Assess client needs and arrange for appropriate placement of
our clients, monitor same.
- Review and monitor client needs, attend care plans, provide
consents for medical treatment etc.
- Assist in marshalling assets and apply for benefits on behalf
of clients as applicable.
- Document all client activity.
- Correspondence relating to the wards affairs and personal
- Advocacy on behalf of all clients.
- Conduct case conferences with Program Director, Client Assets
staff and other caseworkers as needed.
- Interact with the volunteers of the program.
- Coordinate with other professionals involved in the continuum
of care for all wards.
- Assume 24 hour emergency call for after hours, to be shared
with the Program Director and other caseworkers.
- May be required to assist the Program Director with community
outreach, education and marketing duties.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director
- Hours may be irregular as one may be on call 24 hours.
- Spend a significant time out in the field monitoring the needs
to assigned cases.
- Subject to unsanitary homes, physical exertion, and possible
physical or verbal abuse from clients.
- Need to lift some heavy items at times.
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Case Manager is
entrusted and required to communicate confidential and/or sensitive
information outside the Agency. Work is performed on a highly
independent basis and it is necessary to make client decisions and
to continue to develop new methods and approaches in dealing with
- Required to drive frequently using own vehicle.
- Must have Florida Drivers’ License, reliable vehicle and
current auto insurance.
BA or BS in Social Services, Accounting, or LPN, RN
- Experience in guardianship preferred.
- Background in the social services, medical nursing, legal,
insurance or financial field required.
- Knowledge of community resources and services is helpful.
License, Certification and Screening:
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) requires those hired into this
position to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 (including any booster shots, if required) or must become
fully vaccinated within the first 30 days of employment.
Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status
will result in the termination of your employment with LSF.
Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for
consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based
on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by
LSF. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by
the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can
provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested
exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations
are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability
of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This
vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established
government requirements. The requirement is also based on the
safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against
COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety
of members, clients, and community.
- Self-starter, whom can work independently and is unafraid to
- Must be able to seek out supervision and help when needed.
- Interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving, written and
verbal communication, and time management skills are required along
with the ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Adherence to Florida Law including but not limited to statute
- Under Florida Statute 744.3135, I understand that I am required
to successfully submit to a scredit check every two years to
continue employment with the agency.
- Maintain an accurate account of activities in the client logs
and case notes for each ward.
- Must work well independently, as well as get along well with
all other staff and outside contacts.
- Accurate, complete and timely submission of all required court
reports required under FS 744.
- Professionalism in all LSF matters.
Ability to Make an
Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs,
spanning across a wide range of populations in need. This gives our
team members an opportunity to learn and potentially work in
programs outside of their direct area. Either way,
members of the LSF family will play a part in transforming the
lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and
learning alongside talented professionals in a dynamic and
inclusive environment. The values of our organization –
OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY and HONESTY –
drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran
Services Florida treat each other like family. Whether you work on
the front lines or work in an office, you share a common bond that
is felt throughout the organization.
Because of the variety of programs
we offer throughout Florida, team members have the option to
explore areas of interest in other programs or grow within their
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary),
- Health and dependent care FSA
paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary
- Tuition reimbursement
- Additional voluntary
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer
and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Services Florida is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Sarasota , Case Manager (7107), Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!