Teller Operations Coordinator
Company: First Horizon Bank
Posted on: October 11, 2021
A Teller Operations Coordinator is the heartbeat of the branch,
proactively providing an excellent customer service experience.
You'll ensure policies, procedures, compliance, and security
guidelines are followed and maintain client relationship profiles
and providing top-notch customer service. You'll understand that a
successful retail branch encompasses the strength of sound
operations and mastery skill levels in audit functions and
understands the importance of maintaining operational controls. You
will have experience uncovering sales opportunities within the
branch and be well versed educating clients on our added-value
services. Strong product knowledge combined with a desire to
provide exceptional customer service is key to this role. If you
love building customer relationships, are motivated, positive and
thrive on acquiring new clients, this could be the perfect career
opportunity for you.
A day in the life of a Teller Operations Coordinator:
- Manages the daily operations of an First Horizon Bank's
- Coaches branch team on financial operations as well as training
them on seeking opportunities to deepen client relationships.
- Assists in staffing a branch as well as continuing development
of existing branch associates.
- Maintain work flow and handle scheduling the Tellers.
- Evaluation of employee’s performance and issuing of counseling
- Determine and satisfy training needs and establishing
- Identify and refer customers to appropriate departments.
- Generate cross sales and referrals to generate new business and
- Promote bank products and further establish business
- Conduct meetings to institute new policies and procedures, to
promote sales, product knowledge, and customer service to ensure
continuous development of staff.
- Open checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other
deposit product services at the customer’s request.
- Ensure proper control and maximum efficiency in the teller
- Provide teller line support in order to keep the customer wait
time to a minimum and customer service to a maximum.
- Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are
followed during customer service hours and at banking office
opening and closing.
- Control the inventory of cash, Traveler’s Cheques, Official
Checks and Personal Money Orders through dual control.
- Monitor the daily balancing and processing of ATM and
night/lobby depositories, including the processing of all entries,
servicing and required audits.
- Alert staff of any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other
- Secure all applicable cash records and all other transaction
records, supplies and computer equipment at the end of the work
- Assist Branch Manager in monitoring daily transactions
including NSF, OD etc… and take appropriate action within the
authority to maintain operations within established guide
- Monitor the daily teller cash limits through the branch cash
balancing report to ensure that the total cash in the branch is
- Coordinate and assist with the dual control vault
- Use good judgment and follow bank policies when overriding
transactions for teller with withdrawals/less cash authority.
- Assist Tellers in balancing as needed, reviews the daily
banking office settlement, prepare correcting entries to reconcile
- Perform branch cash audits as required.
- Successful completion of Operations Manager Certification.
Meets promotional performance requirement of 2.0 rating.
- Other duties may be assigned
Based on branch location, responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of assigned employees. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the
qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- High school diploma or GED and 5 or more years of experience
with a financial institution required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience; Teller and
Relationship Banker experience preferred
- 2-3 years of supervisory/management experience preferred within
the banking industry
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office Suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7
Keywords: First Horizon Bank, Sarasota , Teller Operations Coordinator, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!