Dental Assistant/Front Desk
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
CAN Community Health one of the nation's largest providers of HIV
Services has an exciting opportunity for a Dental Assistant/Front
Desk at our Sarasota, FL dental clinic. We are looking for someone
who is passionate about serving the needs of individuals impacted
by HIV and other infectious diseases. You will become part of our
professional team that drives home our Company's Mission and
Values. We offer good quality of life with an excellent schedule,
competitive pay with a bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a
retirement plan with a generous company matching contribution. We
have received recognition in 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT's Best
Non-Profit to Work for Award.All new hires must provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination status. CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All
potential hires will be required to take and clear a pre-employment
drug screen upon job offer. You can find out more about us by
visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply
Today!Salary Range: $22.00 per hour based on experience. Statement
of Purpose: Under general supervision, provides a range of
clinical, administrative, and staff support to a dental service
operation. Assists in the performance of dental and radiography
procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in
accordance with established protocol, procedures, policies and
standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient
administration, record management and office support
activities.Primary Tasks: Dental Assistant/Front Desk
- Greets and directs all dental patients in a prompt, courteous,
and professional manner.
- Professional and effectively answers and routes all telephone
- Collects payments for dental visits and account balances.
- Accurately enters all payments in the electronic EMR
- Accurately enters and maintains insurance information for
patients in the EMR system.
- Verifies patient's demographics at each visit.
- Coordinates patient transportation if needed.
- Provides chair side assistant to dentist in the performance of
dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, endodontic,
prosthetic, and/or oral surgical procedures.
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets up dental equipment,
ensures that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and
processed according to established clinic guidelines and
- Monitors and maintains dental equipment.
- Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with
provider orders; assists in the monitoring and maintenance of
radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Follows and maintains all relevant federal, state, and
institutional regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards for
the provision of dental clinical services.
- Orders and maintains inventories of dental clinic
- Interacts with and processes dental clinic patients; including
educating and communicating the process of HIV disease and its
treatment and escorting patients to dental clinic and advising
dentist of patients appointment.
- Maintains dental laboratory slips and creates and maintains
dental records in accordance with established protocol and
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained regarding patient/client
information in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and
values and follows its policies and procedures.Secondary Tasks:
Dental Assistant/Front Desk
- Cooperates with and assist other team members
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required: Dental Assistant/Front
- Ability to ensure maintenance of dental equipment.
- Skilled in x-ray and film development techniques.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Ability to fabricate cosmetic temps.
- Ability to document treatment plans with estimated costs.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to use computer software and EMR programs.
- Possess ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Proficient with scheduling programs.Education/Professional:
Dental Assistant/Front DeskCertified Dental Assistant or EFDA with
High School Diploma or EquivalentValid Driver's licenseExperience:
Dental Assistant/Front DeskThree-years of direct clinical
practice.Surgical and four-handed experience preferred.Physical
Requirements: Dental Assistant/Front Desk1. Neat, professional
appearance.2. MEDIUM- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of
force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move
objects, including the human body. Involves sitting, standing and
walking.3. Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
spoken word, visual and auditory acuity. Machines/Equipment, Tools
Used: Dental Assistant/Front DeskComputerAll dental tools and
technologyOther business office equipmentOther Duties: Dental
Assistant/Front DeskPlease note this job inscription is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.Responsible to: DentistCAN is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the
ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic
protected by applicable lawPI180154553
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Sarasota , Dental Assistant/Front Desk, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!