Front Desk Representative Float
Posted on: November 26, 2022
1. Greets patients and visitors, determining their needs and
responding appropriately according to office protocol. Maintains
log for all visitors to office and directs them as needed.
2. Assures that all electronic information is completed on the iPad
by patients as required, depending on the type of office visit.
3. Obtains updated patient demographic information on all patients
and scans insurance cards/driver's licenses into the chart when
needed, enters updated information into Practice Management
4. Documents appointment status in EMR and assists with contacting
"no show" patients.
5. Checks charts for next clinic session to assure their
availability at the front desk and determines if authorizations or
other information needs to be requested.
6. Answers incoming calls on the back line and responds in a timely
and appropriate manner; maintains a working understanding of the
practice's telephone system for routing calls.
7. Checks patients in upon arrival.
8. Scheduling appointments for patients, as needed, at
9. Oversees general upkeep of the waiting room area during the
10. Willingly participates in continuing training to acquire
competency in performing other associate's job responsibilities in
the event of absences.
11. Participates in the opening rotation of front office as
12. Maintains good working knowledge and understanding of patient
insurances, managed care and office policies.
13. Displays cooperative behavior. Interacts positively and
effectively with others to promote a team environment.
14. Performs all other duties necessary to maintain the overall
efficiency and continuity of the practice(s).
15. Collect copays and outstanding balances.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving
1. Preferred medical office experience.
2. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and time
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong customer service skills.
5. Knowledge of physician business office procedures.
6. Strong problems resolutions skills.
7. Capability to exercise a degree of initiative and judgement.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and
relationships with patients, coworkers and the public.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT *
1. Steady paced office environment.
1. Regularly required to talk or hear.
2. Regularly required to use hands.
3. Specific vision abilities required for the job include: close
vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
4. Work requires standing and walking approximately 25% of the time
and sitting approximately 75% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* Are you willing to travel between locations when necessary?
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Medical Office: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations%58047475%
Keywords: 360-Orthopedics, Sarasota , Front Desk Representative Float, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!