Help-desk Representative II
Company: Dental Care Alliance
Posted on: October 10, 2018
OverviewWe are currently looking for a full-time IT Help Desk Technician to help support our 280+ dental offices located throughout 15 states. This is a full time position working at our corporate office located in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Candidate must have prior help desk experience and be local to the Sarasota/Bradenton, FL area. We offer a competitive salary, plus benefits!
- 3-5 years of experience
- Good first impression (appropriately dressed)
- Flexible with changing tasks quickly
- Personality to work with a variety of colleagues and internal customers in a very open communication environment
- Innovative (outside the box thinker)
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems in person, via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Training & Qualification:
- Two years of previous hands on experience required.
- Proficiency in internetworking, TCP/IP, routing/switching, wireless networks, VPNs, network diagnostics, management and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2012R2, and 2016 server environments including installation, configuration and use of Active Directory.
- Experience with managing Microsoft Hyper-V environments is a plus.
- Certifications a plus but not required.
As one of the country's largest and oldest dental support organizations, DCA supports more than 265 affiliated practices in 15 states, encompassing all facets of general dentistry and all recognized dental specialties. As a result, DCA offers dental professionals groundbreaking career and affiliation opportunities.
Established in 1991 by Dr. Steven R. Matzkin, Dental Care Alliance's success is the result of our unwavering commitment to improving the wellbeing of patients, dentists, and dental professionals through innovative and proven practice-support solutions. Through years of combined industry expertise, economies of scale and centralized administration, DCA provides affiliated practices with substantial savings in supplies, increased services and effective marketing.
We improve the practice of dentistry by partnering and supporting our dental professionals, so they can create a lifetime of healthy smiles for their patients.
To be the trusted partner of choice for the industry's best dental professionals.
DCA Values - USMILE
Unleash Career Potential-of our employees and partners
Service Excellence-to our professionals, patients and families
Meaningful Contribution-all can make a difference
Integrity First-in all we do
Leadership-in our field and we assume accountability
Excellence in Action-we are committed to get the job done
Our mission, vision and values are a vital part of our everyday interactions with all employees, and most importantly, with patients and families.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Dental Care Alliance. Stronger Together.
Keywords: Dental Care Alliance, Sarasota , Help-desk Representative II, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!