Business Banker - Downtown Sarasota, FL
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: July 9, 2019
The Business Banker typically works independently in a high-growth
market with a large density of small businesses in the surrounding
area. Generally, they cover a market of multiple branches in a
geographic area. They utilize sales principles to aggressively
acquire small business relationships to achieve targeted
objectives. Typically, coordinate with assigned branches and their
respective Retail Market Managers to provide business banking
support in development and performance, and facilitate go-to market
strategies in the small business segment. Maintains strong
relationships with existing small business customers, as well as
actively prospects for new small business and retail customers.
Proactively recognizes small business opportunities, and offers
deposit, lending and other small business product solutions to meet
the customer's needs and financial goals. Provides excellent
customer service and works to meet all of the consumer and small
business needs of the client. Will interact with the community by
consistently visiting businesses, making outbound calls to
customers and prospects. Establishes partnerships with other lines
of business to encourage cross selling across multiple segments and
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs aggressive proactive business-to-business calling
efforts on small businesses in their assigned market area to expand
and grow customers for the bank.
* Achieves desired sales production and scorecard objectives by
performing the required sales activities, providing excellent
service, performing deep consultative understanding of the small
business financial needs, delivering appropriate solutions, and
partnering with appropriate product partners when appropriate.
* Has high expectations for activities that achieve desired calling
volumes, while also managing to the quality and mix of calls being
made. Targets approved industries to maximize sales revenue and
high probability to close.
* Partners well with assigned branches in assisting with the
effective delivery to small businesses in the market, and therefore
expands the customer base for the organization of this segment in
* Works well with Business Banking Relationship Center to
effectively on-board new customers, service existing relationships,
and expand and grow new existing relationships. Provides timely
information, collects appropriate data, updates CRM actively, and
provides responses when needed to create seamless execution of the
Business Banking service model to the customer.
* Expands business banking customer relationships by identifying
needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensures customer satisfaction
and retention, cross-sells and makes referrals to other business
* Develops a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in
business networking and community activities. The Business Banker
actively represents Synovus in the business community, generates
business leads and closes business opportunities. Through community
involvement, creates local awareness that the bank is critically
focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product
banking solutions small businesses.
* Sources and provides credit solutions for prospects and clients.
The Business Banker develops new small business banking loans for
businesses generally with revenues typically less than $5MM, and
total Synovus relationship credit exposure typically less than
$1MM. May follow up on credit referrals from Retail Market Manager
or refer larger credits to Community Banker.
* Develops small business skills and provides ongoing coaching to
branch team; partners in assigned territory to effectively identify
* Partners with Community Banking, Synovus Securities, Mortgage,
PWM, etc. to ensure ongoing and appropriate client communication to
support maximization and satisfaction of client relationships.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or a
related field, or an equivalent combination of education and
* Six years of job specific sales experience as a Business or
Commercial Banker or other job-specific sales role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Knowledge of retail bank, products and services
* Understanding of credit structuring and business financials
* Exceptional consultative and communication skills to influence
and build relationships
* Ability to ask questions/probe, listen and present information in
a clear manner that adds value and builds rapport
* Proven success in a sales/goal-oriented environment
* Strong analytical skills and experience finding credit solutions
for small business owners
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Sarasota , Business Banker - Downtown Sarasota, FL, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!