Survey Instrument Operator
Company: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Posted on: August 10, 2019
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that
have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Land Survey Instrument
Operator. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a
detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying
team in the Sarasota, FL area as an Instrument Operator. Applicant
must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a
survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA,
topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line,
transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest
equipment and surveying technology with the ability to supervise
the crew or work independently if necessary. The position has
opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to
grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land
* Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew
* Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
* Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief.
* Work independently as a one person crew as required.
* Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
* Operate survey total stations, data collectors and levels
* Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
* Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* No previous experience necessary
* Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
* Must have good Mathematical skills.
* Must have good computer and data collector skills.
* Must be proficient with the use of Topcon and survey equipment.
(GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must pass a drug test.
* Must be dependable.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing and able to travel for out of town
* Must have a valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and
* Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and
waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment,
tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods
of time on varied surfaces.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will
be required to submit to a background screening which may include,
but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and
other credential verification, driving record check, criminal
background check, and an investigative consumer report. These
screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of
choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable
federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated, Sarasota , Survey Instrument Operator, Other , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!